TPG Community

Get online support

Order on hold due to Core Network Shortfall

SOLVED Go to solution
cscsa230
Level 2

Hello guys this is my first post here and unfortunately is not quite a positive one !!  I am in the middle between TPG and NBN TPG says it's the fault of NBN and it seems he does not care much about solving the problem.

I was with TPG more than 6 years and I switched to TPG NBN 2 months ago. I moved to the new address on 14/09/2019 and applied the reintallation 2,3 weeks prior the move. On 10/09, I received the letter from TPG NBN saying" order update: order on hold due to Core Network Shortfall " I called TPG on 14/09 to check the progress, and see if I can switch back to ADSL2 before the NBN work is done, the lady replied the quickest date to finish is 15/11/2019; I can't switch to ADSL2 because i am with NBN now and NBN rate $69.99 will still be charged while waiting. How ridiculous is that !! All i asked for is an alternative before the NBN work done, but  2 months without internet and I am still be charged were the answer that i had from TPG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @cscsa230

We have received an update from NBN Co and was provided a sooner appointment. A technician is scheduled to visit on Friday, 27 September 2019, between 8AM - 12PM. Please ensure that you or someone over 18yrs of age is present during the visit. An email confirmation has been sent as well for your reference.

For further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @cscsa230

Welcome to TPG Community!

We install thousands of NBN services successfully and we're sorry to know that this was not your experience. We know how frustrating this can be and we apologise for the inconvenience this delay is causing you. We value you as our customer and we would like to check what can be done to turn this experience around.

Based on NBN Co's database, they may have to do additional work on the infrastructure before they can complete the installation of your service. As you are aware, we rely on NBN Co to provide the service in your area therefore, we are subjected to their connection timeframe.

A 'network shortfall' in the network infrastructure is causing problems in completing orders in the area and this needs to get this fixed before we can proceed with an installation appointment. 

We'll do the best we can to expedite a resolution. Our Provsioning team is in touch with NBN Co to ensure that the work is in progress. 

We'll be in touch again as soon as an update becomes available. 

Regards,

Ahra_G 

Ahra_G

Hi @cscsa230

We have received an update from NBN Co and was provided a sooner appointment. A technician is scheduled to visit on Friday, 27 September 2019, between 8AM - 12PM. Please ensure that you or someone over 18yrs of age is present during the visit. An email confirmation has been sent as well for your reference.

For further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

cscsa230
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G

Thanks for that work that you've done, I received the email as well, looking forward to 27/09.

Regards