TPG Community

Get online support

Phone/Internet Disconnected

stevekain
Level 2

Still no update from the case manager but I did notice some NBN Co guys out the front yesterday installing the "missing" DPU. So I guess once NBN adjust their records we'll be good to go - hoping to hear some good news soon.

BasilDV

Hi @stevekain,

Currently, there's no new update from the work of the NBN Co.

The planned remediation date is still 26/08/2019.

Your case manager is monitoring the account and will be in touch with you as soon as new updates is available.

Regards,

BasilDV

stevekain
Level 2

Thanks for that. I don't have details of my case manager - must have deleted it. After many, many months NBN Co tell me the work has now been completed and "released" yesterday so it is with TPG to move forward with the connection. Hoping I will hear from my case manager very soon.

Riezl

A follow up has been made with our Provisioning Team and will make sure that the case manager will contact you within the day to discuss the status of the case.

stevekain
Level 2

Thanks for that. Case manager tells me I'm scheduled for connection next week so fingers crossed.

Riezl

Our Provisioning Team is still monitoring this case and you may receive further updates regarding the status of the installation via email.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thank you.

stevekain
Level 2

Great news, at long last we got connected to the NBN late this afternoon (4/9). With the porting of our phone number, I've connected the TPG NBN modem and using it - do I need to do anything else to trigger transferring our number across to TPG (or will team be in touch about this)?

Ahra_G

Hi @stevekain

We're glad to hear that the service is already working! 

As for the homephone, the porting will commence after the service is installed and will normally take 1-5 business days to complete. Incoming calls will not work during the porting period, though you can still use the homephone for outgoing calls. 

Here's some helpful articles to guide you with your newly installed NBN FTTC service:

Should you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Cheers! 

stevekain
Level 2

Thanks, I should explain, my concern about the phone porting is due to the problems I have had with the phone being disconnected and eventually reactivated some weeks back - hard to establish whether TPG prematurely requested porting or if Optus jumped the gun and disconnected before a viable NBN connection had been established. Just wanted to check that porting of the number from Optus to TPG is in the pipeline?

Ahra_G

Sorry to learn that you've had some difficulties with the homephone. I can definitely confirm that the porting is already in progress, @stevekain

Let's hope that it will be completed earlier than the given timeframe.

Cheers!