TPG Community

Get online support

SMS received to connect modem but NBN box not received

saramcp
Level 2

Hi,

I've received an SMS to say i haven't connected my FTTC modem but we haven't received the NBN box to go with it.  When can we expect this?

Cheers,

Sara

8 REPLIES 8
KarlB

Hi @saramcp 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @saramcp 

Thanks for your PM. Yes you need the NBN NCD for the service to work. I have requested for our Provisioning Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back ASAP with an update.

Regards,

Karl

saramcp
Level 2

Hi Karl,

The NCD arrived today.  We have plugged the NCD and modem in as requested.

Now what?

Cheers,

Sara

KarlB

Hi @saramcp 

I'm not picking up your NCD in the NBN Portal.

How many phone sockets do you have in your house? Can we try other sockets if you have more than 1?

And just confirming you are plugging the phone cable direct from your phone socket to the port on your NCD labelled Wall Socket?

Regards,

Karl

saramcp
Level 2

The phone port we have has two phone ports.  We plugged the NCD into the same socket as the ADSL modem was plugged into.  No other sockets in the house, no phones connected, no port splitters connected.  

I have moved it to the other phone port for you to check.

Yes, the phone cable is plugged into the Wall Socket port on the NCD.

KarlB

Hi @saramcp 

Ok I'm still not seeing it when connected to the second port. If the ADSL was working on the first port tested that should be the correct port.

Sounds like there is still a little more work for NBN to complete. I have requested for our Provisioning Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back ASAP with an update.

Regards,

Karl

saramcp
Level 2

Ok, thanks. Please call my husband on ********** when required.
Cheers,
Sara

KarlB

Hi @saramcp 

I have update the contact details to call your husband.

Regards,

Karl