Setting up modem

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 2

I have installed my upgraded NBN service but I got a text message saying that I am not noticed online. I also want to know what else is required for the upgrade to be complete.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @4780142,

Welcome to the community!

Here are some articles that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to set up different kind of NBN connections.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

Dhennessy
Level 2
It’s all ok!! Talked to a few locals and realized there was a button to push( didn’t realize that!!!). It’s all good… finally all set up and working well! Sorry for my stupidity….
Dale H

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @4780142,

Welcome to the community!

Here are some articles that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to set up different kind of NBN connections.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! 

Dhennessy
Level 2
I’ve plugged it in and was instructed to wait until a green light came on ….. that hadn’t happened … it’s plugged in and switched on but …, nothing !
What now?
Dhennessy
Level 2
Please help!
I have just changed providers to TPG as my last provider couldn’t help me when my internet suddenly stopped on 13/8.
I believe it was something to do with the NBN not getting through from the street to the house. But nobody can tell me what to do about that.
I’ve received my modem from TPG today… I’ve plugged it in and still have nothing. I’ve followed your instructions , then when I looked up on U tube, they said I need to check the connection box!!!! If I have one, I have no idea where that would be! I think I really need a tech because nothing is happening…. I’m no further ahead than where I was with my previous provider ( who I had been with since 2002). I hope you can help because I’ve signed up for a 6 month contract with you … and now starting to panic! I live alone and have nobody else to help me.
Dhennessy
Level 2
It’s all ok!! Talked to a few locals and realized there was a button to push( didn’t realize that!!!). It’s all good… finally all set up and working well! Sorry for my stupidity….
Dale H
Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved and we thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot, @Dhennessy. Feel free to drop us a message should you need further assistance. Cheers!

michael5
Level 3

NBN box is connected and active and all lights are lit.

TP-Link Archer VR1600v modem is connected to NBN box but internet light will not light up.

I had set this up previously a few months ago and it was easy and no need to connect to a computer to do it.

So how can I get the internet to light up on the modem without connecting to a computer?

BasilDV

Hi @michael5

We understand that your case has been resolved based on your previous post.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV