TPG Community

Get online support

Still no help getting internet connected after 3 days

mmadi78
Level 2

I signed up for TPG NBN on the weekend and was connected no problem, I put my username and password into my router and I had the internet working fine.

Then, a day later, my previous ISP (Spintel) by mistake, not sure how, had sent a reconnection request to NBN to reconnect me which then cut my TPG connection off.
I spoked to Spintel and told them to cancel everything as they should have the first time, so they sent a cancel request to NBN and it was fulfilled.
Then I called TPG and told them to resend a connection request to NBN for my account which they did, and the request was fulfilled 3 days ago. 
HOWEVER, even thought I've confirmed that the NBN connection part is complete, I've been told there is a 'glitch' in the TPG system that is preventing me from accessing the internet still.
I've called and spoke to both customer service, the installation team and also the technical support team and even though I've spoken to about 10 different people, I have to tell my same story over and over again and the end result is, they say 'its been escalated and you will get a call back' and then I dont' get a call or the transfer me to another person who either mysteriously gets cut off or I fall back into the queue.
Bottom line is this, the NBN connection is complete, my router is configured properly (it hasn't changed since I had the internet working on the weekend) and I've been told that the 'glitch' is some kind of flag in the system that needs to be cleared by someone MANUALLY.
SO can someone at TPG actually go to my account and clear this issue NOW?

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @mmadi78

We'd like to have a better understanding and check what happened in this instance. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to escalate your concern to the relevant team for assistance. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

I signed up for TPG NBN on the weekend and was connected no problem, I put my username and password into my router and I had the internet working fine.

Then, a day later, my previous ISP (Spintel) by mistake, not sure how, had sent a reconnection request to NBN to reconnect me which then cut my TPG connection off.
I spoked to Spintel and told them to cancel everything as they should have the first time, so they sent a cancel request to NBN and it was fulfilled.
Then I called TPG and told them to resend a connection request to NBN for my account which they did, and the request was fulfilled 3 days ago. 
HOWEVER, even thought I've confirmed that the NBN connection part is complete, I've been told there is a 'glitch' in the TPG system that is preventing me from accessing the internet still.
I've called and spoke to both customer service, the installation team and also the technical support team and even though I've spoken to about 10 different people, I have to tell my same story over and over again and the end result is, they say 'its been escalated and you will get a call back' and then I dont' get a call or the transfer me to another person who either mysteriously gets cut off or I fall back into the queue.
Bottom line is this, the NBN connection is complete, my router is configured properly (it hasn't changed since I had the internet working on the weekend) and I've been told that the 'glitch' is some kind of flag in the system that needs to be cleared by someone MANUALLY.
SO can someone at TPG actually go to my account and clear this issue NOW?