TPG Community

Get online support

Why am I paying $89 for slow internet?

SOLVED Go to solution
Shaun_Rowan
Level 2
Our NBN100 installation was completed in March this year and I measured 93Mbps for about 2 weeks. Then the speed dropped to 63Mbps and has never recovered since late March. Reported it thru the TPG app and a service engineer just came to check it. He said he was not here to fix the speed issue and said he can do nothing to help. Can someone please help? I will not pay $89 for 63Mbps after seeing that it is capable faster speeds.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @Shaun_Rowan 

You are right it looks like NBN are wanting to book an appointment for an NBN field tech. Do you have a preference for a day and do you prefer an AM or PM appointment?

NBN have not provided any other info other than “We have investigated this incident and determined that a field technician visit is required.”

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

Shaun_Rowan
Level 2
Hi Karl,

NBN just fixed the speed issue. Thank you for helping to resolve.

Regards,
Shaun.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KarlB

Hi @Shaun_Rowan 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @Shaun_Rowan 

I can see we already have an open case with NBN looking at your speed issue. I have requested for an update and requested someone contact you back ASAP.

Regards,

Karl

Shaun_Rowan
Level 2

Name: ***********
Customer ID ***********
Mobile: ***********

TPG technician just left and said he couldnt help me.

KarlB

Hi @Shaun_Rowan 

I have requested for an update and requested someone contact you back ASAP.

Regards,

Karl

Shaun_Rowan
Level 2
So someone called Allen called me back to say he would call me back when he knew more. That was 2 days ago. The TPG app says that the fault is waiting for the customer to make an appointment. What do i need to do? How do i make another appointment. Will.it be the same appointment as before where the technician does nothing?
KarlB

Hi @Shaun_Rowan 

You are right it looks like NBN are wanting to book an appointment for an NBN field tech. Do you have a preference for a day and do you prefer an AM or PM appointment?

NBN have not provided any other info other than “We have investigated this incident and determined that a field technician visit is required.”

Regards,

Karl

Shaun_Rowan
Level 2
Hi Karl,

NBN just fixed the speed issue. Thank you for helping to resolve.

Regards,
Shaun.
KarlB

Hi @Shaun_Rowan 

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are up and running.

Regards,

Karl