TPG Community

Get online support

internet not connecting. internet light not on

Dazzle55211
Level 2

Hi all,

I had the exact same problem with my NBN connection, the 4 blue lights on the NBN box were on but I had no internet connection.  After a number of calls to TPG and an appointment with an NBN technician (who failed to turn up), and even a complaint to the Ombudsman, in desperation I actually reset the tplink modem to factory defaults and BOOM !!! it worked.

Hope this helps all you others having the same problem.

Regards

Tasco
Level 2
I have the same problem. Technician came out yesterday and connected us to NBN. The installation instructions for the modem say to plug it in and leave it to configure for 30mins then the ‘internet’ light will come on. I’ve waited all night and still no internet light coming on so no connection? Please help TPG.
Riezl

Hi @Tasco,

Welcome to TPG Community! We'd like to take a look at your account and better understand what happened.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Hi @Tasco, thanks for providing the account details via PM. We have checked the status of your NBN service and it appears that the installation has been completed yesterday.

Are you able to double if the equipment are properly set up?

Here's an article that can guide you:

NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

Tasco
Level 2
Yes, all connected properly but internet light not coming on. When i go into the modem settings and look at network map, there is a red ‘x’ on internet?
Tasco
Level 2
All the lights are on on the nbn connection box too.
Riezl

Thanks for the confirmation, Tasco. We have coordinated with our Provisioning Team and we were advised that the activation is still in progress. Normally it takes 24 hours for this type of service to be activated.

We'll monitor this and we'll keep you posted for updates where possible.

Tasco
Level 2
Hi Reizl,

I just received this sms:

TPG: Your NBN service is installed but we can't see you online. Pls connect your modem using info at http://link.tpg.com.au/xMoUBn or call 131423 for help.

The modem is installed correctly according to the instructions but still no internet light??
Riezl

Hi @Tasco, your internet appears to be up and running for more than an hour now.  Please connect to the new Wi-Fi network name indicated on the back of the modem to test the connection.

Riezl

Hi @Tasco, your connection appears to be working now. Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Cheers!