TPG Community

Get online support

Complaint - multiple charges on my account

tomnem
Level 2

I had 2 addresses - one in Melbourne VIC (ADSL where I was usually getting 25 Mbps) and one in Sydney NSW (cable where I was getting 112 Mbps) - both services were with Telstra. I was due to switch to NBN. I found out that the NBN plans are pretty expensive and at that time I thought I will save a few $$$ so I decided to go with TPG for my new NBN connections. I have chosen NBN50 plans for both of my addresses (on 6 months contract for $69.99/month). The installation was pretty smooth. No problem there. After about a week of being on the TPG NBN50 plans, I was very disappointed. The speeds were insufficient, lots of services were loading very slow, I couldn't even load some streaming servicer through my Apple TV or was constantly getting some error messages. This was very frustrating so I decided to change my plans to TPG NBN100. So I contacted TPG and asked them to change the plan to NBN100 but to honour the special price they run which that plan which is $79.99 for 6 months. First, they didn't want to change this but then they agreed to change the plan and hon our the special price for the next 6 months due to the fact I was an only new customer for couple weeks at that time. The person I talked at that time came up with some complicated process where they have to create new accounts for each of my addresses with the NBN100 plans on it, get them active and then they would delete the accounts with NBN50 plans. Sounded strange to me but I agreed. After that, I have received a couple of emails with some generic info about the new accounts being created and to set up new direct debits. I did what the emails asked and waited. I checked the status of the "installation" every day multiple time but no change. Until today when I logged to my online banking I 3 charges from TPG. Two for $89.99 (the regular price for the NBN100 plan) and one $69.99 charge (I assume that's the special price for the NBN50 plan).

I have called TPG and spend over 1 hour speaking with someone. Actually with 3 different people. The last person was assuring me they are looking after me but most of the time didn't understand what he was doing me thinks. He wanted to send me new modems and kept telling me we need to wait for the modems and activate the service even though both of the addresses have active TPG NBN50 plans with their modem. 

I wish I have never signed up with TPG. I wish I was never locked in the contract for the next 5 months. Those extra $$$ I am saving with TPG are SOOO NOT WORTH the trouble I am currently having.

I wish I could leave TPG. If this will continue I will have to go to ACCC and get some resolution because this is NOT service I signed up to.

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @tomnem

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this, I tried to use your community details to pull up the account and it shows multiple result. To ensurer we have the correct details, please shoot me a Private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

Shane

Hi @tomnem,

Thanks for sending us your details. We will treat this as a complain and raise this to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further handling and investigation.

Updates will be provided when it becomes available, we apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

tomnem
Level 2

I am still without internet on both of my addresses. This is outrageous!! It was supposed to be a simple plan change!!

I request immediate release from my contract which is not even 1 month old with NO EXIT fees or any charges! I demand immediate REFUND of over $400 unauthorized charges on my account!

I have lodged complaints with the TIO. Separate for each address!

Shane

We raised this to our Complaints Resolution Team for additional reference on the ongoing investigation, updates will be provided when it becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

I am still without internet on both of my addresses. This is outrageous!! It was supposed to be a simple plan change!!

I request immediate release from my contract which is not even 1 month old with NO EXIT fees or any charges! I demand immediate REFUND of over $400 unauthorized charges on my account!

I have lodged complaints with the TIO. Separate for each address!

tomnem
Level 2

This is unacceptable. I have NOT been contacted by anyone since yesterday to give me any sort of update. I still don't have internet in any of my addresses! THIS IS ABSURD! The worst experience ever! This is not the services I have signed up to!!!

BasilDV

Hi @tomnem

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Our Customer relations team is closed on Weekends and will be in touch with you tomorrow (Monday) to further discuss the case.

BasilDV

tomnem
Level 2

Ok, it's Monday 30 Nov 7.15 PM and I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ANYONE!!! 

I need Someone to contact me ASAP. I have received messages about NBN connection appointments! I AM ALREADY CONNECTED TO NBN!!!! I was on TPG NBN for the last month!!!!! Someone called me yesterday (yes on Sunday) from number 02 9141 0039 and told him both of the services won’t be back online by today you need to release me from the contract without paying the exit fee!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!! NO ONE EVEN BOTHERED TO CONTACT ME TODAY!!!! You left me without internet since Thursday on my VIC address and since Friday on my NSW address!! It was supposed to be a simple plan change!!! I have not signed up for this outrageous incompetent and non-existent service!!!

Ahra_G

Hi @tomnem

We're truly sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you, @tomnem

The assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager is coordinating with the department involved in order to resolve the matter at hand. 

I have also chased a follow up and advise the officer to contact you as soon as an update becomes available. 

Regards,

Ahra_G