TPG Community

Get online support

Debit card vs credit card

AndyJ
Level 2
Hi.
Could someone tell me if there is any difference in the we processing time between a Credit card and a Debit card?
(Not talking about direct debit, I mean a Debit card as in almost the same thing as a credit card)
4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @AndyJ

A monthly direct debit from a nominated bank account or credit card is the process by which our TPG plans are billed. Should you nominate a Credit Card. The initial payment will be processed almost immediately, while when you nominate a Debit Card or Saving Account, Initial payment may take 5 business days upon enrollment depending on your bank confirmation or available fund and/or savings.

Let me know if you have further questions.

BasilDV

AndyJ
Level 2
Thank you.
I’m still not sure about that.
TPG customer assist staff are 50:50 on the question of debit cards.
I have the instance of a prepaid top up using debit card taking over 4 business days. I have also had the payment occur immediately using the same method.
Angeli

Hi @AndyJ

If you have nominated a debit card which also has the 14-digit card number and CVC like the credit card, the posting of payment on your TPG account is immediate. In regard to the recent issue on mobile top up on your account, our accounts team is continuously working on getting it fixed so we can apply the unused top up that you have made previously. I'll be in contact with you privately to provide an update once available. Do you still need help in topping up using your nominated payment method on file? 

AndyJ
Level 2
Hi
I would like to inform you that payment using my debit card was far from immediate. It took at least 3 to 4 business days. That matter should be well known by now.

No I don’t require help with topping up. I needed help days ago to sort the issue caused by TPGs poor computer systems mentioned above.