TPG Community

Get online support

Does TPG Have Custoer Service Or Are They Going Broke?

BasilDV

Hi @driver_x

We did not advise to purchase a new mobile number.

Initially we advised for you to disable the answering service in order to receive the OTP for you to be able to login to TPG My Account.

We'll respect your decision and will raise your case with our Complaints resolution team; Customer relations and a case manager will be in touch to further discuss this.

BasilDV

driver_x
Level 3

I cannot tell the secretarial service that i use to close down because TPG will not give me access to my account.

Like all "ETHICAL"mobile phone carriers with "GOOD" customer service in Australia acess to my own account is mandatory and cannot be removed FOR ANY REASON....

chefren
Level 4

TPG did send a message about setting up improved security with OTP. It provided quite a lot of time until this was in place, to be able to setup a number that does receive SMS. It is almost impossible to do much nowadays without an SMS receiving number, eg: for banks, are banks illegally asking for this also? Perhaps you can use that number, and not buy a new number if your current is impossible to setup to receive SMS. Also new prepaid only cost as little as $2, and will receive SMS even with no more credit, usually up to a year.