TPG Community

Get online support

Issues with sending MMS

phillipg
Level 2

Hi,

I have an OPPO Reno Z android phone and struggle to send MMS files. I have followed the TPG MMS instructions and regularly shut down my phone but on most occasions I get the "Failed to send. Tap to try again" message. I tap to try again and it makes no difference.

I have tried the messaging app that came with the phone along with the Messages app and the QKSMS app, however all of these apps have struggled to send an MMS. My son has the same OPPO handset but a different telco provider and he has no issues with sending/receiving MMS.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @phillipg 

Welcome to the Community!

Are you able to check the APN settings on your phone for MMS?

MMS Settings

Name: Vodafone AU-MMS
APN: live.vodafone.com
MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.au/pxtsend
MMS Proxy: 10.202.2.60
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 505
MNC: 3
APN type: mms

Did you turn On your Mobile data, while sending an MMS? If not, please turn On your Mobile data then try again.

Let me us know how it goes.

BasilDV

phillipg
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

As mentioned in my original message I have used the APN settings for MMS that TPG requires. So the details that you mention are already set in my phone. 

With regards to mobile data, I always have this switched on.

So unfortunately these suggestions have made no difference.

Do you have any other suggestions, or is there something that TPG could check from their side?

Thanks

Phillipg

BasilDV

Hi @phillipg 

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

David2020
Level 2
Hi Basil,
I have the same handset and the same issues.

Like the original poster, I am using the listed APN settings.

Were you ever able to resolve the issue?

What was the root cause of the problem?
BasilDV

Hi @David2020

Welcome to the Community!

Please send me a PM with your customer ID number or Mobile number along with your preferred time to receive a call for our Mobile team to contact you.

BasilDV

adslbgal
Level 2

Same problem as others on this stream - have tried to follow instructions, but cannot even find the APN settings screen so haven't been able to check what the settings are. The menues specified are not there - can screengrab settings menu and send if that will help.

OPPO RENO-Z running ColorOS 7.1

Have tried swapping SIM card with another TPG mobile customer - didn't fix it.

Ahra_G

Hi @adslbgal

We'll have this checked by our Mobile Support Team. 

Let us have your Customer ID or mobile number via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

Thanks!