TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile Phone number being used to spoof others

BarjaJucan
Level 2

Hi all,

What can be done about people hijacking my mobile phone number to spoof others?
I get phone calls and messages about missed calls that they have from my number. I have to them sorry wasn't me who called, that some robo-commputer scum bags has my number somewhere on a speed dial testing numbers. I guess I could change my number but I don't want to haha.. also these poor people get spam calls... I have it done to my phone it's not fun.

-JB

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @BarjaJucan.

We recently added an article on How to Handle Scam Calls/ Emails.

You may follow the tips and report the scam to the given website.

Let us know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

BarjaJucan
Level 2
Hi,
Thanks I do believe I’m cover on how to deal with spam callers. The point of this query can there be anything done to stop my number being used by a automated program calling others. My guess, is to test call a number from a data base to confirm it is correct and live. Then passing that list of numbers onto future nefarious parties to continue scam calls.
Shane

Hi @BarjaJucan,

Did you register used the mobile number to a certain website? TPG do not have access to check this.

Regards,

Hi,
Thanks I do believe I’m cover on how to deal with spam callers. The point of this query can there be anything done to stop my number being used by a automated program calling others. My guess, is to test call a number from a data base to confirm it is correct and live. Then passing that list of numbers onto future nefarious parties to continue scam calls.
BarjaJucan
Level 2
All I can think is Facebook has my number, I have removed it off that website. But the damage is already done, I’m still getting calls from people saying my phone number has rung them twice then hung up.