TPG Community

Get online support

No mobile 5g connection

db1
Level 2
Level 2

I recently signed up for the Sim Only extra large plan. I live in a 5g area, have a 5g phone, and 5g is activated, but I only get 4g signal. This seems to be a provisioning issue. How can I get 5g activated?

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @db1 

We're keen to look into the account and check the coverage in your area, for you to enjoy the offered network connection.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

db1
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks @BasilDV  I have messaged you.

Cheers

jm7
Level 2
Level 2

I'm also finding this issue - i called TPG support yesterday and they couldn't offer a solution apart from 5G uses more data so i should be happy to be stuck on 4G!!!!

How do i find more help to get 5G going, as a previous Vodafone direct customer, i know 5G works in the places i visit!

Ahra_G

Hi @jm7,

You may have a read through this support article: Troubleshooting Mobile Service

You may send us a private message should you require further assistance. 

-Ahra_G

jm7
Level 2
Level 2

Message sent! Thanks

Ahra_G

Thanks! We've likewise replied to it Smiley Happy

Swanny
Level 2

Hello, just confirming that I am also having the same issues posted in this thread. I can confirm I have a 5G-supported phone (iPhone 13 Pro, it used to get 5G successfully when on Vodafone) and I'm based in a 5G supported area according to the TPG mobile coverage map. 

I have also gone through the linked support article here with no success: https://support.tpg.com.au/troubleshooting-mobile-voice-no-coverage

I'm only getting 4G on my phone.

Can I please have a TPG staff member DM me, or let me know who I can DM? Thanks Smiley Happy 

Aubrey

Hi @Swanny, please send us a PM and we'll look into your account.

Here's how to send a private message

Thanks! 

JW2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Aubrey 

I have joined TPG mobile, but I never been able to have good 4G network coverage even at home and no 5G activated at all.

Could you please provide some support for me?

Thanks,