TPG Community

Get online support

Reception problems

ajm212
Level 2

Starting a week or so ago I am having ongoing TPG mobile reception problems where I work at home.  Up until then, reception sitting in exactly the same position (-37.804333, 145.022667), using exactly the same equipment has been quite acceptable.  Now, at best I appear to have one or two bars reception but this alternates with "Searching" or "SOS only" and calls are more-or-less impossible, continually cutting out.  Even the ruse of heading out to the street doesn't improve things.

I accept that outages occur from time-to-time but this is beginning to look like a chronic problem.  I need to know whether it can be addressed.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @ajm212 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we did an article that you may find helpful. This will guide you on how to perform a basic troubleshooting with Mobile reception issues. Please see the link below.

No Mobile Network Coverage? 

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

@ajm212 wrote:

Starting a week or so ago I am having ongoing TPG mobile reception problems where I work at home.  Up until then, reception sitting in exactly the same position (-37.804333, 145.022667), using exactly the same equipment has been quite acceptable.  Now, at best I appear to have one or two bars reception but this alternates with "Searching" or "SOS only" and calls are more-or-less impossible, continually cutting out.  Even the ruse of heading out to the street doesn't improve things.

I accept that outages occur from time-to-time but this is beginning to look like a chronic problem.  I need to know whether it can be addressed.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Andrew

TimmPaccc
Level 3
Hi,

Have also noticed a problem in Stirling, WA,6021.

Never had a problem in the last 15 years but recently have 2 bars reception and calls breaking up etc?

Have tried all the troubleshooting and have the issue on all our 3 phones all connected with TPG.
Ahra_G

Hi @TimmPaccc

We're sorry to learn about the difficulty you are experiencing with the connection. 

Let us have your Customer ID or mobile number private message in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ajm212
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've now worked through all of them and allowed a period of time to see whether there was any improvement.  In short there hasn't been: surprisingly, some changes like switching off automatic network operator seem to have made things worse.

The coverage map show that we are on the edge of an area marginal for indoor 3G data reception (despite being only 4km from the Melbourne CBD).  However, I am not interested in data - the phone connects to wifi in our house.

Before TPG switched to the Vodafone network, reception was a bit of a problem but things improved dramatically after the switch and there have been no problems using the same phone in exactly the same location until recently.

Thanks again,

Andrew

BasilDV

Thanks for the update @ajm212

We'd like to raise this with our Mobile team for further investigation.

Please send me a PM with your customer ID or mobile number along with your preferred time to receive a call.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV