TPG Community

Get online support

Set up voicemail for first time - DOESNT'T WORK!!

mmarion4
Level 2
I am having difficulty signing up for voicemail. I have never set up my voicemail with TPG before. I recently changed from Optus to TPG 2 months ago and ever since transferring I am unable to set up my voicemail. I have called numerous times the tech support number and go hours on hold then the call cuts off. Can someone please assist me.
when I dial 121 an automated message says "you are signing into your mailbox please enter your phone number followed by the hash key". No matter how many times I dial it says the same thing.
8 REPLIES 8
Dann

Hi @mmarion4 

Welcome to the Community!

You can follow this guide on our community page on how to activate the voicemail.

How to setup voicemail 

In case it's still not working, Please send a message to one of our moderators with your mobile number.

To send a private message, please click Here 

Thank you and have a great day!

Dann

mmarion4
Level 2
Hi Dann
Thanks for your email.
I have tried all of those steps. Like I said previously when I dial 121 the first and only automated message says "you are signing into your mailbox please enter your mobile number followed by the hash key"
I don't have any other option to press or do anything.
Also when I click on private message it brings me to a page that tells me how to DM someone but doesn't directly message someone. Please assit
BasilDV

Hi @mmarion4

Thanks for the update.

I have tried all of those steps. Like I said previously when I dial 121 the first and only automated message says "you are signing into your mailbox please enter your mobile number followed by the hash key"
I don't have any other option to press or do anything. - 
What device are you using? iPhone or Android? You said that you don't have any option to press or do anything, this means that the keypad was minimized, you need to your keypad icon for you to be able to press the keys needed.

Also when I click on private message it brings me to a page that tells me how to DM someone but doesn't directly message someone. Please assit - The provided link is the guide on how you private or DM someone. You may follow it in order to DM a moderator.

BasilDV

mmarion4
Level 2
You misunderstood my message
When I dial 121 the automated message plays as stated below.

In terms of no other option - what I meant was. I dial my number then press #
and the message repeats itself.
If I press the * key or # key multiple times nothing happens.

I need my settings to be reset.
Please advise if this is something TPG can resolved otherwise I will be changing providers.

I have a Samsung galaxy note 9
BasilDV

Hi @mmarion4

Please send me a PM with your TPG Mobile or customer ID number along with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

We'll raise this further with our Mobile team and have someone to check on this further.

BasilDV

mmarion4
Level 2
I have sent you a PM with my contact number
Michellette
Level 3

I ported back to TPG from Optus in Dec 2021. I am having exactly the same Can't Activate Voicemail issue with my two sim-only medium plans. I have called every week since January 5. Finally, I have found a customer service agent (Gilbert) who recognises that there are now 4 accounts reporting the same issue. 

In my case, after being escalated to network engineers ("Voicemail is activated" -NO IT ISN'T) and system engineers {"Voicemail is activated" -NO IT ISN'T) I believe it is the code on the My Account/Settings page that is the issue. You click the button to activate Voicemail, but when you leave the page it turns itself off again. Every time. 

I have applied every suggestion I could find and can assure you they do not FIX the problem. I will respond again when I hear back from Gilbert who is the best customer service person I have ever had in my 20+ years with TPG

Dann

Hi Michellette,

We'd like to check the status of your mobile service. Please PM us with your mobile number and full name so we can look into this.

Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Regards,

Dann