TPG Community

Get online support

iPhone not working since transferring to TPG

david64
Level 15

@Jo3 . Can you recall when making a call with Telstra, did the 4G indicator change to 3G or stay as 4G?

Do you know someone with working 4G/LTE phone you could try their sim in your phone?

Send a private message to a moderator. Try and kick them along.

Jo3
Level 2
Level 2
@david64

I don’t recall my phone ever be 3G
Yes I’ve placed my TPG SIM card into my work phone & the same issues are there.
I visited my local Telstra store & they placed the SIM card in a 4G / LTE phone & the same issues are there.
I called TPG twice yesterday & begged them to help me or send me a new sim but they keep saying my issue has been escalated & someone from the support team will call me. They also declined my request for a new sim saying that there is nothing wrong with my sim. No one from their support team has ever called me since 15th January!
I don’t know what else to do, this is so unfair!
david64
Level 15

@Jo3 . Why did you switch from Telstra? Cost?

Why not just bite the bullet and return to Telstra. Just verify your phone is doing LTE calls with their sim. You've had all these weeks of being unable to use the phone.

I don't have any other suggestions.

Jo3
Level 2
Level 2
@david64

I switched due to cost.

But trust me I have tried returning to Telstra however, because I am unable to receive text messages I couldn’t receive the verification code from Telstra to complete the transfer. They tried everything but without a verification code to my phone number I can’t go to any provider.

TPG have really stuffed me!

My only option is to return to Telstra but with a new number, can you imagine the hassle of that?

david64
Level 15

@Jo3 . So, Telstra won't accept you as account holder of Telstra sim card, and won't accept you as account holder of TPG sim card that's not working and that both sim cards have the same number. 

A moderator won't look at this thread now. You can send a private message to a moderator with a link to this thread. Or make a new thread with link back here that will be looked at in a day or so.

Jo3
Level 2
Level 2
@david64

I have, the telecommunications ombudsman has informed me that they’ve received my complaint & have reached out to TPG, they have until 7th March to fix this.