TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL internet slow down and drops everyday for three and half months

sampson
Level 2
Hi:

I cannot remember how many times i contact with you guys in the past three and half months. Regarding of the dramatically decrease of my ADSL internet speed, my first reported was on 29th August. Before the dramatically speed decrease on 28th August. The normal line speed is 12 to 15 Mbps, which was advertised on the website. However, now the line connection speed: downstream is 3136 kbps, upstream is 192 kbps. For Line attenuation, downstream is 35.5 db, upstream 23.0 db. Noise Margin: downstream is 6 db, upstream is 6 db. This result is directly get from the modem. From this figure it's so clear the internet is abnormal and there are some issues for the services.

Now it's November, my problem still not been solved.  But i was told you guys don't know what's wrong with the services. I wanna say your company charge me on time and charge me installation fee for $99. But now my services has problem why nobody help me to solve it? In contrast, i receive several SMS said my line is stable and everything was normal. I don't know how you guys get the result. 

Also my case was closed on Sunday (28/10/2019). Though nobody fix the problem of my internet and nobody tell me what's the problem of my internet. In this case, ring back on 29/10/2019 to let the engineer know my case is not solved. But he is so rude and refuse to reopen or do a further check for me. He did ask me a good question. "Are you hold any license of electrician? " This is a really good question to let customers know your company provide a good customer services.

I wanna say, if we change our positions. Your home broadband drops every 2 minutes. And the speed is 1/6 of the normal speed, are you happy with the internet. And are you willing to pay $60 per month? And could you believe the guy from TPG tell you everything works fine? For me i cannot force myself to accept this result. It's totally different from what i was told in the critical summary information. 

Time is money, $60 is not a big number for me. But your company cannot waste customers times. I am waiting for three and half months. Just want to know what's really happened and what's the real problem of the services. Then some guys from your company tell me they don't know what's wrong. Everything is fine now. But i wanna let you guys know you guys need to answer me what's wrong and why nobody fix it.

Hope you guys can give me a satisfied and acceptable explanation. Let's see what's going on.

Regards
2/11/2019 

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @sampson 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the tickets that was escalated to our Engineers.

It appears that the service that you are getting is the best that we can provide using the copper infrastructure. Multiple technicians (Telstra and TPG) have been sent, but was not able to identify the cause of the issue. They've also transferred you to a new copper pair to no avail.

Our Engineers exhausted all possible solution to resolve the issue, but the issue still persists.

We'll arrange a call from your assigned Engineer to discuss this further. Send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

sampson
Level 2

Hi:

For my case i am live at inner city ( Hawthorn) not countryside. You said you guys change the line can you indicate which line you guys replaced? For the prvious chat with the esclate team the guys said they cannot change the line. Looks we get different reply. 

From your point the best service in my area Hawthorn the bset speed is 3 Mbps for the total line and upload speed is 0.2 Mbps???????? I don't know how it was such difficult to find  the problem. But the truth is in the past three years my internet works fine. How could it lose the speed from 15 Mbps to 3 Mbps??

I guess maybe i need to waiting for another three years instead of three months.

Regards

BasilDV

Hi @sampson,

On the 13th of October you were advised about the process of transferring your service to another copper pair, which was completed on 26th of October. We don't have any information about the line that was used, but we'll advise our Engineers about your query to discuss this further.

They'll be in touch with you within the day.

BasilDV

sampson
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

Thanks for your reply. I cannot remember how many times i called enginnering department. From 29/8/2019 to today (3/11/2019). After an unhappy talk, my call was ended by the enginner. I am feel pretty shame for TPG. It's a terrible way to force customer to accept a ridiculous result. They don't know is the answer i got from the enginnering deparment. Those talks let me understand how terrible the customer service is from TPG.

Now i think cancel the service is the right way to do, because time is money, i don't want to waste time again and again. Due to the abnormal service, i couldn't be able to use the internet in the past several months. So i think you guys need to refund all the money. Because the service i got fromTPG is totally against the critical informaiton. Again, let's see what's going on.

Regards

Will

Hi @sampson,

I'm sorry to hear that you remain disappointed. Based on our records, after several technicians and investigation, including a line change, your service has been tagged for Best Effort already. This means that the current service you're getting is the best that we can provide given the current infrastructure.

I'll have the assigned Case Manager reach out to you regarding your decision. Please expect the call between 3-4PM VIC today.

Regards,

Will

Hi @sampson,

My apologies, but the callback may be done before 6PM VIC instead.

BasilDV

Hi @sampson,

Our Engineers were trying to call you to no avail.

May we have your preferred time to be contacted tomorrow for further discussion of your decision?

BasilDV

garangdhav
Level 2

It appears that the service that you are getting is the best that we can provide using the copper infrastructure. Multiple technicians (Telstra and TPG) have sip calculator crossword solver epfo been sent, but was not able to identify the cause of the issue. They've also transferred you to a new copper pair to no avail.

Ahra_G

Hi @garangdhav

If you are having issues with your current service, kindly send us with your Customer ID or service address via private message so we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks!