Download speeds

T_user
Level 2

Hi, 

Im at postcode 2035 and have been experiencing very eratic  NBN internet speeds since Thursday the 8. It fluctuates anywhere from 0.6 Mbps to anywhere over 100 Mbps to no service at all, and this can happen in a space of a few minutes. I have included some examples i took tonight. Any help orexpanation as to why this is happeneing will be much appreciated. Thanks

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @T_user

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this links: 

If you are still experiencing issues, let us have your Customer ID or username via private message  so we can check the status of your service. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

T_user
Level 2

Hi  Ahra_G

Thanks for your response. I cheked the NBN site and it says there are no current problems for my street address.

I did some more tests with wifi and ethernet cable. I have attached the results and times. I did another test at 4.54 pm and it was running at 269.0 Mbps.

The speed has been very erratic almost changing every few minutes.

Also there is a person living 4 house away from me who is also with TPG and he has the exact same problem. He has a ticket number which i will give you in the private message and he was messaged thet there are dropouts on the connection.

BasilDV

Hi @T_user

Thanks for the information that you've posted.

We tested the line and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

We've refreshed your NBN connection and will observe if the issue recur.

Also, is it time specific or random? 

BasilDV