TPG Community

Get online support

Email from TPG (Allegedly from TPG)

SOLVED Go to solution
laovski
Level 2

I got an email allegedly from TPG stating the below. Is this a valid TPG email or a scam to be ignored?

Dear

TPG Customer ,

There are security updates on our servers, to ensure that the service will not be interrupted, you Need to update your details It's easily and safety.

The details are:

• Case ID : #TPG-184-012-548-006
  • Email Address :my email address

Update Now

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @laovski 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We can confirm that this is a phishing/scam email.

We believe that the email address that was used is update-no-replys@tpg.com.au. This has been raised to our Security team for further investigation.

Please send me a PM with the complete header of the email for us to provide it with our Team to help with the investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

View solution in original post

rikie
Level 2

HI there - please confirm this is a legitimate TPG email please. Thank you

There are security updates on our servers, to ensure that the service will not be interrupted, you Need to update your details It's easily and safety. 

The details are:

• Case ID : #TPG-184-012-548-006
  •  

Riezl

Hi @laovski and @rikie,  this is definitely not from TPG and is a phishing email. Please make sure not to click on any link provided. Should you wish to check your account or have account related concerns,  you may contact us or you may log in to TPG My Account. 

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @laovski 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We can confirm that this is a phishing/scam email.

We believe that the email address that was used is update-no-replys@tpg.com.au. This has been raised to our Security team for further investigation.

Please send me a PM with the complete header of the email for us to provide it with our Team to help with the investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

rikie
Level 2

HI there - please confirm this is a legitimate TPG email please. Thank you

The details are:

• Case ID : #TPG-184-012-548-006
  •  
Riezl

Hi @laovski and @rikie,  this is definitely not from TPG and is a phishing email. Please make sure not to click on any link provided. Should you wish to check your account or have account related concerns,  you may contact us or you may log in to TPG My Account. 

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.