TPG Community

Get online support

Email problems gmail to tpg

Megstar
Level 3
Exactly what I thought- but I wasn’t surprised. All care and no responsibility. This is one reason why I am no longer using tpg as an ISP.

Now we’re smsing our club treasurer with info and looking at a message board via another platform - perhaps teams as Google groups with tpg email addresses is not an option now.
sff
Level 3
Level 3

@Megstar wrote:
I finally got an answer from TPG postmaster “Jerico”. I think it’s a bit of a cop out that they can’t filter spam out of legit emails.
This is the message received. No solution suggested and no action by TPG has been mentioned either.
“Due to amount of spam receiving from gmail servers, they were rated limited.
The more clean email they send the better IP reputation goes and rate limiting might be gone. However, the dirty email they send the lower it goes.
Regards,”
--

I'm having the same issue, and this is a completely unacceptable response.

That any ISP would prevent delivery of all email coming from one of the world's major providers because their spam management is apparently useless is ludicrous. It's not a solution.

TPG: Please confirm that this is not your official response to this issue and that you are doing something about this.

littlegypsy
Level 3

For about a week, I can receive no emails to my tpg address from any gmail sender. Seems I'm not the only one. Has anyone had this problem resolved?

Megstar
Level 3

Hi,

No resolutions have been offered, just a reply from the postmaster@tpg.com.au that gmail is apparently sending too much "spam" so they consider all gmail to be 'dirty' emails and so they are getting scrapped somewhere. I'm annoyed that they are not sorting out their filters or notifying the receivers of these emails to check their webmail spam for legitimate messages. I have a number of important emails to club members floating around in cyberspace because TPG deems them 'dirty' emails. These messages are from both our club google group and also from my own gmail address.

Now I'm trying to find an alternative. TeamApp or Microsoft Teams or something easy for our older members to be able to cope with. TPG is rubbish and needs to step up and fix this mess.

Megstar
Level 3

Ok - I can't even contact the tpg postmaster now, Smiley Frustrated

Message not delivered

There was a problem delivering your message to postmaster@tpg.com.au. See the technical details below or try resending in a few minutes.
The response was:

read error: FAILED_PRECONDITION: read error (11): Resource temporarily unavailable

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 15:37:04 -0700 (PDT)
X-Original-Message-ID: <CAAOdqwmm88cXpnuOcuCasCM_hsdd_YpAXxx_qBQXoVWuysn8pQ@mail.gmail.com>

Final-Recipient: rfc822; postmaster@tpg.com.au
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; asav.tpg.com.au. (27.32.32.10, the server for the domain tpg.com.au.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; read error: FAILED_PRECONDITION: read error (11): Resource temporarily unavailable
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 20:35:36 -0700 (PDT)

BasilDV

Hi All,

We'd like to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your TPG email address to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

jil
Level 2
Level 2

I'm  having the same problem. Just trying to get it resolved but there's a half hour wait on the phone. Brilliant. 

Scottymaca
Level 2
We are unable to send from gmail to tpg as well. Getting write error: FAILED_PRECONDITION.

Any ideas how this could be aolvedcan th receiver mark my email as a trusted sender?
Megstar
Level 3
@BasilDV I’m no longer with TPG. The customer service drove us to Aussie BB!!!

I have some club members who are with tpg and gmail messages are not getting to them.
As this is affecting so many people surely looking at individual accounts won’t help.

I received a reply from “Jerico ” postmaster@tpg.com.au and it said :

“Due to amount of spam receiving from gmail servers, they were rated limited.

The more clean email they send the better IP reputation goes and rate limiting might be gone. However, the dirty email they send the lower it goes.

Regards,
--“

So there’s a clue! Sort out the filtering and stop junking legitimate emails.
ttan
Level 2

I am having similar problem.

Tested sending a simple email from my gmail account to my tpg account as well as to a hotmail account. Content of email is just "Hi". Hotmail received it immediately but my tpg account received it only the next day. Everything was all ok on 3/11/2021 but problem started from 4/11/2021.