TPG Community

Get online support

my mail address seems to have been hacked

yafm11
Level 2

Ovr the past 4 days I have had to delete 6000 or more returned undelivered or maeler deamon messages from messages purported to0 have been sent by me

I did not send any messages and have asked tpg about this but after asking twice has still not received an acknowledgement let a;lone a reply

I believe my address (which I do not want to have to change) has been hacked through the tpg site itself

What can I do  I cannot 'block' my olwn address can I

15 REPLIES 15
yafm11
Level 2

Typical  I have at last had a reply from tpg  to tell me I might have b een hacked??????? and to cjhanghe my address   such a lot of help   

Shane

Hi @yafm11,

Welcome to the community!

We would like to clarify what makes you think that your TPG email has been hacked by our own post office website? We are able to locate your Account using your community details.

Are you getting an Error message whenever you log-in to our Post Office? If so, can you post a screen shot on this thread?

Cheers!

yafm11
Level 2

If I explain for a few weeks I got the ocasional pam message on my in box which said it was from ME  but of mcourse it was not    Noe for the last 4 days I have received 7000 and still more coming  messages which are 'sorry cannot delivery';  or maeler daemon messages  saying mI nhad send the original and most are it seems relateds to Go Daddy   although I have not opened any of them

I therefore think that my address has been taken from the tpg bank of addresses or whatever    Thyey SHOIULD all go to spam file not mmy in box s they are obviosley spam  then I would not have to cancel each of them

BasilDV

Hi @yafm11,

Our database if secured, in which will not be possible for someone to phish your email address from it.

Your email address can be taken or phished through any website that requires you to register it. Or it is possible that the malware is evident in your computer.

You may need to run a full scan on your computer and update your anti-virus for more protection.

You may also filter the emails that you can receive. Here's a community discussion with some instructions on how to set it. Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

yafm11
Level 2

I have done the complete malware and virus scan opf my computer nothing found.  I also use the filter setting to block scam mails but I cannot obviously block my own e mail address which is what they appear to be using   Ialso note that some of the e mails I go to put in the filter tell me that address is already there but the mails still come through to my in box

BasilDV

HI @yafm11,

Are you using an Email client? If yes, may we know what client are you using?

Have you also tried to change your Email account password? If not, please update your password.

Please also delete the history and cookies on your browser (Chrome, FireFox, etc.).

You may also set a common subject line or domain to be blocked/filtered.

Please make sure to double check the emails that you'll click and verify the website that will require your Email address to register to avoid this issue.

You may create a dummy email address if it really requires an email address to register to the website that you would like to visit. This will secure your personal email address in the future.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

yafm11
Level 2

I am not sure what is mant by a client  I use Microsoft mail to download tomy computer and only use the tpg site normally when we travel.

I have re ently changed my password   I am not sure how to delete cookies or my history I am not a guru of computers 

Shane

Email client is an application that allows the user to use one or more email addresses to receive, read, compose and send emails.

Sample of Email Client: Mac Mail, Outlook Mail, Thunderbird etc.

How to delete History and Cookies on your browser?

In Google Chrome

• At the top right, click More .
  • Click More tools Clear browsing data.
  • At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  •  Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  • Click Clear data.
  • Note: It is usually the same with other Internet Browser.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

sricci
Level 2

Hi, same thing is happening to me? 

I'm getting a lot of emails too from mail servers saying that emails from my address have been blocked becasue of malicious content in the email but when i look in my SEND folder. there are no sent emails to these addresses? I also ran several Anti Virus software programs on my PC but found nothing?

But when i log into the TPG WEB Post Office and view my emails there, i can see all the non authorised emails in the SENT folder (i.e. TPG Post Office). BTW the recipients are not known to me or from my address book? Just random addresses? Strange?

Seems like my TPG mail account on the TPG server (not my PC or WIndows 10 MIL) has a virus?