ASUS XT8- Setup Help

notjustgod
Level 3

Hello All

I have just bought ASUS XT8 AX6600 Mesh Wifi Router. This is is firt time i am upgrading from ISP provided Router/Modem. My plan is FTTB M

I want to understand how should i set it up? Do i directly plug the XT8 to the internet wall socket and take the exsisting Archer VR1600V out? or shall i connect the XT8 with VR1600V through LAN and then set it up the xt8?

Do i need to change anything on VR1600V before i start the set up of XT8? 

Request you help and guidance.

8 REPLIES 8
Ahra_G

Hi @notjustgod

You may check a few settings from this article and of course follow the manual of your new router.

Setting up 3rd party devices to work with TPG internet

You may also try searching within the Community page to see if there are other users who may also be using the same equipment as yours. 

Cheers! 

notjustgod
Level 3

Thanks, but looks i dont have access to that link...it showing an error that Parent/admin has to give the access of that page Smiley Sad

Ahra_G

Could you please try it again? Here's the actual link: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Testing/Setting-up-3rd-party-devices-to-work-with-TPG-internet/m-p/2...

Let us know how it goes. 

notjustgod
Level 3

Unfortunately still i cant access it, i am getting this message - "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

Shane

Hi @notjustgod,

You can only use the ASUS XT8 AX6600 Mesh Wifi Router as a Wi-Fi Extender / Router. If you wish to use a different access point as a replacement to our supplied modem/router you need to use a VDSL modem. 

There are few articles that you may find helpful on how to set up an additional router on our supplied modem/router, please see links below.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Hello All

I have just bought ASUS XT8 AX6600 Mesh Wifi Router. This is is firt time i am upgrading from ISP provided Router/Modem. My plan is FTTB M

I want to understand how should i set it up? Do i directly plug the XT8 to the internet wall socket and take the exsisting Archer VR1600V out? or shall i connect the XT8 with VR1600V through LAN and then set it up the xt8?

Do i need to change anything on VR1600V before i start the set up of XT8? 

Request you help and guidance.

notjustgod
Level 3

Thanks. Just summing up what I understood:

1. Switch off WiFi on tp link archer.
2. Connect my ASUS router's WAN port to tp link archer's one of the lan.

3. Set up the ASUS router as per its instruction with DCHP mode enabled.

I hope I am understanding right. Please confirm. Thanks

Shane

Hi @notjustgod,

You have the option to leave the tp-link's Wi-Fi on or off, the step 2 & 3 are correct. 

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Thanks. Just summing up what I understood:

1. Switch off WiFi on tp link archer.
2. Connect my ASUS router's WAN port to tp link archer's one of the lan.

3. Set up the ASUS router as per its instruction with DCHP mode enabled.

I hope I am understanding right. Please confirm. Thanks

KeesV
Level 2

Did you end up being able to remove the tp link archer vr1600 and connect the asus zenwifi xt8 instead all running correctly and if so what setting required on the asus?