FTTB Port allocation issue

SOLVED Go to solution
marantz
Level 3

I applied for FTTB and received the email:

We regret to inform you that there is currently no available ports for the address, ( xxx), where you wish to have FTTB service installed.
This issue has now been raised to our third party (FTTB Wholesale).  However, we are unable to confirm a time frame as to when this issue can be fixed.

Being a strata comittee member for my building, I helped organise FTTB install for my building and one of the first (if not the first) to apply for FTTB for my building of 30+ units.

I find it strange that there are no available ports for a newly installed service. Talked to over 10 of my neighbours and none have applied for FTTB. there should be at least 10/30+ availability 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @marantz,

We checked your address and learned that the building is just a newly converted site and has been TPG FTTB ready yesterday the 19th of February 2018 and we do have ports to accommodate the order.

There's a possibility that you received the "port allocation issue" since the system is not yet updated. It takes within 24 to 48 hours for the system to be updated with the newly converted sites.

The Good news is that your order was already resubmitted by your case manager. You will be updated via email of the progress of the order.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Good day @marantz,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Are you able to shoot me a private message with your complete address for us to look into it further?

We really want to help turn your experience around.

Kind regards,

marantz
Level 3

Thanks,

PM has been sent

BasilDV

Thank you @marantz.

We will provide you updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @marantz,

We checked your address and learned that the building is just a newly converted site and has been TPG FTTB ready yesterday the 19th of February 2018 and we do have ports to accommodate the order.

There's a possibility that you received the "port allocation issue" since the system is not yet updated. It takes within 24 to 48 hours for the system to be updated with the newly converted sites.

The Good news is that your order was already resubmitted by your case manager. You will be updated via email of the progress of the order.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

marantz
Level 3

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Hope its smooth sailing from here.

FYI I got the email from TPG saying that my address is ready for FTTB on 14 Feb and applied for it via phone 48 hours later on 16 Feb. Maybe there's a glitch in the matrix Man Very Happy

Dear xxx,

Thank you for registering your interest in TPG's Fibre to the Building (FTTB) product.

We have checked your address at xxx and verified that you can now get TPG's Ultrafast Broadband with up to 90Mbps speed!

BasilDV

You are welcome @marantz.

Thank you for the information and will look into that to prevent it from happening again.

Have a great day. Smiley Happy