GFast FTTB

FredFred
Level 2

Anyone know why my GFAST FTTB connection is unreliable I signed up to the FTTB250 plan over a couple of weeks ago.  The technican connected in the MDF room and then the phone line was connected to the NTU which was then connected to the modem.  The technican ran a speed test and said I would only ever get max 150Mbps.  Then for the past week or so I have been getting speeds less than 100Mbps which seems to occur when 2 more devices are using the service (only streaming like youtube or netflix and working etc RDP to office and browsing etc) the speed just dramatically drops to under 50Mbps I was on FTTB with GFast on the 100FTTB plan for a long time and noticed my connection for over 12 months was dropping to under 20Mbps.  I have ask TPG Customer Service Technical Service multiple times during the past 12 months period why this is ocurring and they said they would monitor it.  Is the problem with the building phone cable or the MDF room or TPG or all of the above.

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Master

Hi @FredFred . As you say, it's likely a local problem.

Using your ethernet computer, do tracert to facebook.com, youtube.com, service.nsw.gov.au.

Copy and paste the results in your reply. This shows where network delays occur. 

What model wifi router do you have?

Any settings in QoS/Bandwidth control?

kate_

We'd like to run some tests on your service and see what's happening with your speeds, @FredFred.

If you send me a PM, we'll have a chat there.