Port Allocation Issue??

samuelojames
Level 2

Hi I just got an email saying there is no more port availabilty in my building? I have already paid the money for the router and waited 10 days for connection.. I need this connection urgently to be able to work as my cell phone bill is skyrocketing due to the data usage! 

The email said there is no expected date to fix it which is insane...

This is a horrible way to treat new customers by charging them for a service up front and then saying you don't even know when it will be connected.

The address is 568 Collins ST MELBOURNE VIC 3000 - Could I get a better estimation than "we don't know" or my money back and compensation for misleading pre-purchase advertising that said it was available. 

12 REPLIES 12
hjones
Level 3

I'm having the same issue. I moved to my new premises under the agreement I would have FTTB internet for my personal and business purposes - and I get notified that there are no ports avaialble in my building. The timeframe I'm given is "indefinite" which is absoultely ridiculous considering I've paid the start up fee, modem fees and still paying my monthly bill from my previous residence. This is completely absurd and a horrible way to treat your customers. No offers of compensation, only the offer to switch to an inferior service which was not what I was promised. 

BasilDV

Good day @samuelojames and @hjones.

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to look into it to understand the situation. Please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or CID number. We really want to help turn your experience around.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @samuelojames,

I have received your PM with your account details. I'll review this further and will provide you update once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @hjones,

Thank you for your PM and sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused us. I was able to pull up your account and will review this further.

I will provide updates once available.

Kind regards,

hjones
Level 3

Hi, my case manager has lied to me multiple times and will not return my phone calls. She said she will update me this morning, though I've been calling all morning and no response. Escalate this now please.

BasilDV

Hi @hjones,

I will chase this with our service delivery team and at the same time have escalated the case to our FTTB team to provide us update on the port issues in your building.

I will provide updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @samuelojames,

Due to the port availability issue in your building that impacted some customers, our team have decided to request for the infrastructure to be upgraded. The good news is,  we have now received the approval for it. The upgrade will roughly take 4 to 6 weeks to be completed. This may however change due to unforeseen events.

This case is being monitored by our Service delivery team who will provide further updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @hjones,

I understand that you were able to speak with one of our Service delivery team and you have agreed with the ADSL2+ service since TPG FTTB cannot be given due to port availability issue.

They will update you further once the order has been made. Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

hjones
Level 3

No the actual situation which I must remind you is:

I will have two applications:
-1 for a new ADSL2 connection - PRIORTY
-2 My existing FTTB application will remain active until a port is avaialble and you will update me regularly with progress.

I was NOT told that FTTB can not be given, only to wait INDEFNITELY. Under no circumstances will you remove my FTTB application, you will KEEP IT ACTIVE.

Also since you gave the above user an update about their building's FTTB infrastructure, why have you not extended me the same advice.