TPG Community

Get online support

Private messages that are spam?

SOLVED Go to solution
jwadodson
Level 3

I have received this "private message" in the tpg community... it's obviously spam, why are tpg allowing

it to happen?

John

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello jwadodson,

You have received a private message in the TPG Community community.

Subject: Blink and it is gone! Best luxury bonus pack offers for December! Here is your chance! Pick up bonus...
Date: 10-12-2020 03:30 AM

Hi there! We have prepared luxury limited time sign-up option! Get an incredible up to $2000 welcome bonus and 200% match + 25 free spins for new players. Plus free chips, weekly cashback and a lot of fun are waiting for you! Do not delay, do this ASAP!

Enter now - www.betwinners.cc - and pick up your welcome bonus! Try it now!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joseph_D

Dear All,

Our team have made adjustments on our settings to stop these spammers from sending us messages.

@jwadodson  as for your question regarding static IP address for our consumer customers, it is definitely something that is worth considering. Should it become available to our NBN customers then we will definitely announce it here.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
tkwong1980
Level 2
Just received my 4th one in a matter of weeks. Usually on the weekends. This is getting ridiculous. Quite ironic that a telecommunications company can’t get it under control.

——————————————————————

SmittenKittenl SmittenKittenl Level 1
‎13-12-2020 04:37 AM
Friend Ignore
The best amazing reward offer for December! This is your lucky moment! Get bonuses now!
Do you looking for inexpensive gifts for movie lovers? Or maybe you wanna get a gift for yourself? Save on your Netflix subscriptions Now & Enjoy One year of Movies and Series!

Enter now - www.getnetflix.live - and get your Netflix year's subscription gift! Try it now!
SB2020
Level 2

I am getting these too.

They say they are forwarded by TPG.

why are you spamming us??

Samtrois
Level 2

Another one getting spam DM's here

"Looking for inexpensive gifts for movie lovers? Or maybe you wanna give a gift for yourself? Save on your Netflix subscription Now Enjoy Full year of Movies and Series!"

c'mon TPG 

JonoM
Level 2
Same. I want to turn my private messages off in settings. But if I have a technical issue in the future I may forget I did it and won't be notified of what to do.

TPG need to make private messages only from verified accounts or staff... This feels like they got an out of the box solution and didn't change the settings
jwadodson
Level 3

ARG!!! here we go again... Come TPG what are you doing about this stuff?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello jwadodson,

You have received a private message in the TPG Community community.

Subject: The best cool offer for December! This is your lucky moment! What are you waiting for?
Date: 13-12-2020 04:07 AM

Do you seeking inexpensive gifts for movie lovers? Or would you like to get a gift for yourself? Save on your Netflix subscription Now & Enjoy Full year of Movies and Series!

Enter now - www.getnetflix.live - and get your Netflix year's subscription gift! Try it now!

jwadodson
Level 3

TPG - we need an immediate solution!!!

jwadodson
Level 3

How annoying!!! to raise your level just keep posting - what's the point!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank.

Your new rank is Level 3

View your profile to see the rank

jwadodson
Level 3

If I get a TPG employee to resolve the issue do I immediately get an offer of the job as CEO of TPG?

I really would like to actually talk to thje CEO because I need a static IP on FTTB service!

But I just get the runaround on that too!

Ahra_G

Hi @jwadodson

As indicated on our website, All our residential plans come with Dynamic IP address. The info can be found here: https://www.tpg.com.au/fttb#section2

You may want to check our TPG NBN Business Bundle if you wish to take advantage of getting a Static IP address. 

Check if it is available in your service address: https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn-business

-Ahra_G