TPG Community

Get online support

Private messages that are spam?

SOLVED Go to solution
jwadodson
Level 3

I am not a business so that is inappropriate!

Also I want to stay on FTTB!

Please try again... or have the CEO contact me.

BasilDV

Hi @jwadodson

Currently, our TPG FTTB service only comes with Dynamic IP address.

Stay safe.

jwadodson
Level 3

So we now have a list of actions developing for TPG senior executives:

1. Solve the "private message SPAM problem" - Status: DESPERATELY URGENT

2. Resolve the static IP enigma - Status: RELATIVELY URGENT

3. Resolve the problems of "inaction" from TPG regarding ongoing problems - Status VERY URGENT

Is there somewhere these matters can be posted publicly where they can be publicly addressed by

a VERY senior executive of TPG? (hopefully one who understands the business?)

Joseph_D

Dear All,

Our team have made adjustments on our settings to stop these spammers from sending us messages.

@jwadodson  as for your question regarding static IP address for our consumer customers, it is definitely something that is worth considering. Should it become available to our NBN customers then we will definitely announce it here.

Kind regards,

teej
Level 3
Is this problem suppose to be fixed? I received a such a message today.
Riezl

Thanks for reporting this matter. Please ignore the message and do not click any link. We are now looking into this. Thank you.

teej
Level 3
Of course I am not going to click on a link but why am I getting spam via direct messages on this board? I want to turn off direct messages and turn it on as I need it.
Shane

Hi.

We will turn off the messaging option of your community log-in to avoid getting spams.

Regards,

Of course I am not going to click on a link but why am I getting spam via direct messages on this board? I want to turn off direct messages and turn it on as I need it.
teej
Level 3
So I can’t turn direct messaging on and off myself? Is TPG going to change this soon? And by soon I mean in the next three months?
teej
Level 3
Just to be clear - it looks like I can’t send direct messages now. So TPG has removed the function entirely from me. Not just blocked people sending me direct messages. So if I need support I can only ask general questions - not specific identifying details to moderators? Is that correct ? Is this considered the permanent fix ?