TPG Community

Get online support

Replacing the modem

clmcg
Level 2
I have a TPG supplied Huawei Gateway modem/router that is now quite old, and according to the manufacturers would be due to be replaced. Wifi range is very poor around the house now, whereas it used to be quite strong. I have tried unplugging the modem and restarting it but this hasn't made any difference. Do TPG update the modem/routers?
1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @clmcg,

There are a couple of things that we need to check; is the issue caused by the equipment or is there any underlying connection issue? 

And yes, we do update our equipment's firmware. 

If your main concern is the Wi-Fi range, you might want to check these articles:

Nonetheless, we still want to have you assisted by our Tech team to perform troubleshooting along with you so kindly send your Customer ID or username via private message

Thanks!

Ahra_G

I have a TPG supplied Huawei Gateway modem/router that is now quite old, and according to the manufacturers would be due to be replaced. Wifi range is very poor around the house now, whereas it used to be quite strong. I have tried unplugging the modem and restarting it but this hasn't made any difference. Do TPG update the modem/routers?