TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation broke my TV antenna

SOLVED Go to solution
simcauley
Level 2

After much chasing from TPG I relented a signed up to a new NBN service and replaced my reliable ADSL2+ service.

That was last Tuesday 24th September. When NBN arrived they had some issues locating the HFC cable as I only have my aerial coming into my apartment. After spending sometime on the roof they located the pay TV cable and connected everything up. Great, internet works. Not so great I noticed the next evening that I can no longer watch  Free to Air stations. 

When it was installed they removed the cover plate where I had my aerial plugged in and replaced it with a NBN cover plate connected to I'm assuming the NBN HFC cable. They then installed a splitter box for the aerial connection but I see now that this did not work. 

I removed then NBN cover plate and as I suspected found another cable behind there which I assumed must be the aerial cable. No problem, let's just connect that up and get a different cover plate. Nope, cable connected, still no signal.

On Thursday evening I raised this with support via email and received ticket number 10467185. Despite some chasing I received no actual responses other than the automated ones so I then called on Tuesday 1 October and spoke to Ed.

After some bouncing around Ed called NBN who basically said go away. I told him that wasn't good enough so he went back to them again and then told me I would be contacted in 24-48 hours. Here we are past that deadline and still nothing. 

I can see from searching on here this isn't the first time this has happened. If TPG and NBN between them can't come back and fix this then we can cancel the service, you can refund me the setup cost and I will go with another provider and take it up with the ombudsman. 

Look forward to hearing from someone...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
simcauley
Level 2

The original NBN technicians who installed my service returned this morning and fixed the issue with my antenna. They said that someone else had disconnected the cable in the roof. Take from that what you will but I'm happy that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you TPG for chasing this up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

We sincerely apologise for what happened and we are sorry to know that you're considering changing provider, @simcauley.

We value you as our customer and we'd like to check what can be done to turn this experience around.

We have located the account using your community details and we have escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team.

You will be contacted by the Complaints Resolution Case Manager via email or a phone call as soon as the case assessment is completed.

Let us know via PM should you have a preferred contact number and email address.

Riezl

Hi @simcauley, we can see that our Complaints Resolution Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised.

Should you have further queries, you can contact the case manager directly via return mail.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

simcauley
Level 2
Thank you. Randy has been in touch and another complaint is being registered with NBN. I will update this question when I have more information or a resolution.
Will

Hi @simcauley,

Thanks for dropping by to inform the community of the progress of your complaint. Your Case Manager expects to hear a response from NBNCo sometime next week, so once an update is available, you will be notified via email or phone call accordingly.

Don't hesitate to leave a comment if you have other concerns or queries that you'd like us to look into.

Regards,

simcauley
Level 2

The original NBN technicians who installed my service returned this morning and fixed the issue with my antenna. They said that someone else had disconnected the cable in the roof. Take from that what you will but I'm happy that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you TPG for chasing this up!

BasilDV

Thanks for the update @simcauley

We are glad that the issue is now resolved.

Don't hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Have a great day.

BasilDV