TPG Community

Get online support

Fraudulent activity on TPG account

maddox1
Level 2

Has anyone else in this community had their TPG account compromised? My father has a TPG account for home internet and phone, as well as 2 mobile numbers. Over the last few months his TPG account has been compromised, including:

1. The landline phone has been diverted numerous times to other numbers, preventing him from receiving calls from institutions verifying change of detail or transaction requests

2. A fraudulent TPG email account was created and emails from institutions to verify change of detail or transaction requests were sent to the new email account, so he didn't receive them 

I was wondering if others in this community had experienced similar issues and: 

- How did you resolve them? 

- What did TPG do to help? 

9 REPLIES 9
Eric1
Level 2

I don't have a TPG Account yet they did a direct debit againt my account so watch you bank Accounts for FRAUD

debono77
Level 2
I had two emails today from update-no-replys@tpg.com.au claiming my auto payment was unsuccessful and requesting to update my payment details. I believe its fraudulent. Can anyone at TPG confirm?
Shane

Hi @debono77,

Thanks for raising this to us, you may check the status of the payment online. We did an article that you may find helpful. 

Please see links below. 

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

I had two emails today from update-no-replys@tpg.com.au claiming my auto payment was unsuccessful and requesting to update my payment details. I believe its fraudulent. Can anyone at TPG confirm?
debono77
Level 2
Someone is using the tpg domain with an alias to phish your customers.
BasilDV

Thank you for raising this with us @debono77.

This will be forwarded to our Post Masters for further investigation and handle it internally.

Always visit your TPG My account to further check the information or update your credit card details for the safety of your account.

BasilDV

debono77
Level 2

Thank you @BasilDV.

FYI, I'm continuing to receive multiple emails daily like this one from the same sender (update-no-replys@tpg.com.au). I've now added this as a blocked sender in Post Office,
Screenshot_20210406-144657_Email.jpg

jstv3
Level 2

I have been getting the same e:mails 3 times now.  Seems to be every couple of days they try.

BasilDV

We apologise for the inconvenience @jstv3

This issue has been raised to our Security team for further investigation and will deal with it internally.

Please delete or ignore any emails that will ask for your account/personal information as you can edit it via TPG My account.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

buckau
Level 2

I have the same.

If it has a link in it then it is a scam. I have just confermed it with TPG, and they state that it was not sent by them they recommend reporting it to www.acma.gov.com.au