TPG Community

Get online support

Locked out of account

loromojo
Level 2

Hi, Not sure if others are having this issue, but seems my account is missing a phone number hence has been locked out. When I reach out to the help desk I get told I need to provide the following,

Send your email here: privacy@tpgtelecom.com.au

• Copy of their ID
  • Selfie of the customer holding their ID
  • Customers full name
  • Customers account number ( If you don’t have it make sure to provide anything that can help us pull up the account)
  • Copy of ID
  • Selfie of customer holding the same ID next to their face
  • New contact information to be updated: Mobile/ email address

this seems a complete over kill, considering they did the online check of who I was. I've explained im not comfortable in providing a photo of myself with the ID and they said there is no option. Looks like after 10+ years TPG isn't interested in my business anylonger

20 REPLIES 20
Daisy_Dhen

Hi @loromojo

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We want to make the next 10 years as good as the last. TPG has implemented the Multi-Factor Authentication(MFA) as part of our security process to help keep your TPG information secure.

Multi-factor authentication is used when a customer contacts us to access or change personal or account information or logging in via myaccount. This is to help ensure someone isn’t trying to access your information or make changes to your account without your permission.

For more info you may visit this link: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Multi-Factor-Authentication-at-TPG/ba-p/116507

Feel free to message us if we can be of any further help.

Regards, 

Daisy_Dhen

loromojo
Level 2

Thanks, not questioning the purpose of 2 factor authentication, but more the extreme level of the information you need from me to provide a phone number when your agent was able to authenticate who I am

Daisy_Dhen

We appreciate the feedback, @loromojo. We have a dedicated department that handles customer account information update/change request, our Privacy Team. Thus, we require customers who wish to update their details to send an email to privacy@tpgtelecom.com.au as this can't be done over the phone. 

ajmunro
Level 3

I have the same issue. I rang TPG last Friday,and had the situation explained.I sent off the email with my details shortly after,but still can't login.

I have no idea if the email has been read,though I keep getting messages on my voicemail which I haven't been able to decipher and a few SMS which ask me to download the TPG app.

Ahra_G

Hi @ajmunro

Let's check on the status of the update and chase our Privacy team. Any chance you can confirm the email address used in sending the request? Please send the details securely via private message.

Thanks!

Ahra_G

pudef1
Level 2

Similarly, after being with TPG for ~16 years I'm not about to give out my drivers licence/passport details just to be able to login to my online account, so that I can update my credit card details.

The utter stupidity of being able to talk to someone on the telephone, verify who I am (twice) and then answer the home-phone connected to the modem for security purposes, to then be transferred to someone else to provide my credit card details is without doubt the most ridiculous process.

Ahra_G

Hi @pudef1

Our customer’s privacy is important to us. We take cybercrime extremely seriously at TPG Telecom and continue to make significant investments to help protect our customers and their personal information.

We use multi-factor authentication (MFA) to prevent unauthorised access to customer accounts. You can read more about MFA here: Multi-Factor Authentication at TPG

At this point, MFA via SMS is the only option available to be able to log-in to your online account. 

Let us know if we can assist further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

pudef1
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G,

I take my privacy extremely seriously and have great concerns about TPG's usage of my data, especially in light of recent events concerning Optus, when all call handling is done by a call-centre in the Phillipines. Where exactly is all my data held? where are the TPG databases hosted? under which jurisdiction is the data held? etc.

I really don't need this as a response. "We use multi-factor authentication (MFA) to prevent unauthorised access to customer accounts. You can read more about MFA here: Multi-Factor Authentication at TPG"  as I have already gone through multi-factor authentication as previously stated - "The utter stupidity of being able to talk to someone on the telephone, verify who I am (twice) and then answer the home-phone connected to the modem for security purposes, to then be transferred to someone else to provide my credit card details is without doubt the most ridiculous process." and then to also receive an email explaining that I have to provide a selfie holding the photo-id is beyond all reasonableness.

You can assist further by allowing me to access my account which I have been happily doing for the last 16+ years,

Ahra_G

Hi @pudef1,

TPG has comprehensive processes and procedures in place to securely store customer data and protect it from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. These include implementing both physical and electronic security measures such as data encryption. 

We are held to the same industry regulations as all Australian telcos. Once you complete the verification process, we’ll be able to help you get your payments details updated. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G