TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile service refund after cancellation

amberkaur
Level 2

Hi, 

Recently I have cancelled my mobile service due to international roaming charges and have ported my number to another provider. Before I activated intetrnational roaming I was advised $500 will be charged as a prepayment and will be refunded if remains unused.

My number has been sucessfully ported to another provider, means I don't have any active service with TPG mobile anymore. But I still have not received a refund of prepayment balance of $500?

Please assist.

Thank you

Gagan.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @amberkaur

Thanks for raising this with us.

Please be advised that any unused amount left over will be credited back to your account within 30 days after you have switched off International Roaming.

When did you switch off or disabled the International roaming? Were you able to contact our Mobile team via phone call or email?

Refer to the reminder here: How to activate International Roaming

BasilDV

amberkaur
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, 

Thank you for your reply.

My number was ported on 05/01/2021. I thought internatial roaming would automatically be disbled as part of porting process Hence I did not deactivate international roaming before porting my number. if I try to disable international romaing now, it does not let me do anything as I do not have any active service anymore.

I am also not able to contact Mobile team via phone call becasue I am overseas. Please provie me their email address so I can get in touch with them as well. 

Kind Regards,

Vinay.

BasilDV

Hi @amberkaur

Thanks for the clarification.

Please send me a PM with your preferred email address to be contacted for us to raise this with our Mobile team and have a case manager to contact you to discuss this further.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV