TPG Community

Get online support

NBN out, using mobile data: TPG emails keep warning me I will be charged for excess mobile data

SOLVED Go to solution
sff
Level 3
Level 3

Internet has been out here for a week (Northern NSW). I know that's not TPG's fault, it's an NBN issue due to the flooding, so I'm not going to complain about that.

BUT:

1. I am still paying for a TPG NBN internet service that I'm not getting

2. I am using my TPG mobile for data because I need it for work

3. I am getting emails telling me that I will be charged for overage on my mobile data (85% used right now) or will be cut off

I need internet access and am not getting the TPG internet I'm paying for, and this flooding is an emergency situation which means I don't have options. It seems obvious that I should NOT be charged for additional mobile data during this period.

Can someone please look at this before I get overcharged.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sff
Level 3
Level 3

They gave me extra data, so unless some charge still comes through, it is sorted.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Ahra_G

Hi @sff

We appreciate your patience in these trying times. We'll have a member of our Mobile Team to contact and assist you to discuss the matter at hand.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Internet has been out here for a week (Northern NSW). I know that's not TPG's fault, it's an NBN issue due to the flooding, so I'm not going to complain about that.

BUT:

1. I am still paying for a TPG NBN internet service that I'm not getting

2. I am using my TPG mobile for data because I need it for work

3. I am getting emails telling me that I will be charged for overage on my mobile data (85% used right now) or will be cut off

I need internet access and am not getting the TPG internet I'm paying for, and this flooding is an emergency situation which means I don't have options. It seems obvious that I should NOT be charged for additional mobile data during this period.

Can someone please look at this before I get overcharged.

Thanks.

Aarque
Level 2

Hi. 

NBN down for me (Liverpool, NSW) I believe likely due to recent storms/lightning strikes. Been told tech will see me in a few days. I'm accessing data (to desktop) via my mobile phone but being warned of usage. As I'm am running a business from home I most certainly will not welcome extra charges to my account during this time. Can someone please ensure that this does not happen? Been with TPG for many years now...

Note current TPG Tech Ticket#12177999. 

My number is attached to my account so a call of reassurnace would be very welcome. 

Many thanks...

Ahra_G

Hi @Aarque,

Our Engineering team is currently awaiting confirmation of a tech visit from NBN Co. I'll have the assigned officer to contact you to address your concern(s) regarding your service. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi. 

NBN down for me (Liverpool, NSW) I believe likely due to recent storms/lightning strikes. Been told tech will see me in a few days. I'm accessing data (to desktop) via my mobile phone but being warned of usage. As I'm am running a business from home I most certainly will not welcome extra charges to my account during this time. Can someone please ensure that this does not happen? Been with TPG for many years now...

Note current TPG Tech Ticket#12177999. 

My number is attached to my account so a call of reassurnace would be very welcome. 

Many thanks...

sff
Level 3
Level 3

Someone did contact me, confirmed the details, then they said they passed it on to someone else. 

I assumed it was handled.

Today I got a text message saying I was going to be charged for additional mobile data, so obviously  it has not been handled, or, at least, the automated system doesn't acknowledge that it has.

Please confirm that I will not be charged for overage on my mobile data usage this month.

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @sff

We'd like to check it with our Mobile team as they tried to reach you before to no avail.

Are you available to receive a call today? Please provide us your preferred time and best number to be contacted via PM.

BasilDV

sff
Level 3
Level 3

Hello BasilDV,

I am available on my tpg mobile: I don't answer unknown numbers: If they don't leave a message I figure it's a scammer.

I'm not sure what they need to talk to me about: My situation is clear. They just need to not charge me for overage on my mobile data this month given what I've explained above.

Thanks. 

BasilDV

Hi @sff

Our team needs to get some information from you, which is why they need to speak with the account holder in order to finalise the request.

We'll arrange the call between 2PM - 3PM today.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @sff

We understand that this has been sorted by our Mobile team and an SMS notification has been sent.

Have a good day.

BasilDV

sff
Level 3
Level 3

They gave me extra data, so unless some charge still comes through, it is sorted.

Thank you.