TPG Community

Get online support

A free internet speed boost is coming your way!

SOLVED Go to solution
MarkusOurelius
Level 2

Hi there, 

I received the A free internet speed boost is coming your way! email back in Febuary but I seems the speed boost is not working as advertised.  I test my connection using Speedtest periodically and have noticed no increase in download speeds but my upload speeds have decreased.  There was a brief period  where the speed boost seemed to work, but it has since reverted back to the original speeds.

speedtest.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkusOurelius
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

Resetting my network adaptor (disable/enable) seemed to fix the issue.

speedtest4.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @MarkusOurelius,

Thanks for raising this to us, for testing purposes please perform another speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable for additional reference, by doing this we will be able to determine the actual speed of the line. 

Note: Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Regards,

Hi there, 

I received the A free internet speed boost is coming your way! email back in Febuary but I seems the speed boost is not working as advertised.  I test my connection using Speedtest periodically and have noticed no increase in download speeds but my upload speeds have decreased.  There was a brief period  where the speed boost seemed to work, but it has since reverted back to the original speeds.

speedtest.png

MarkusOurelius
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

Thanks for getting back to me.  Below is the latest speedtest, I should have mentioned earlier that all of my previous test were using LAN/ethernet also.

speedtest2.png

Shane

Thanks for the confirmation, @MarkusOurelius.

Please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). Also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi Shane, 

Thanks for getting back to me.  Below is the latest speedtest, I should have mentioned earlier that all of my previous test were using LAN/ethernet also.

speedtest2.png

MarkusOurelius
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

Resetting my network adaptor (disable/enable) seemed to fix the issue.

speedtest4.png

Ahra_G

We're glad to know that the workaround worked for you, @MarkusOurelius

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Thanks! 

montydavis
Level 2

That's worked for me also!
Thank's a lot