TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2 keeps dropping off at night

SOLVED Go to solution
hailinzh
Level 2

Hi guys,

I am having an issue after switch my broadbank to TPG in the middle of this month. My internet drops off quite off at night. It has been serveral time that there is no internet connection at night. Usually the issue happens at around 8:30~9:30pm at night. At day time, internet is all good. There is no issue with my moderm. Can you please advise?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Thank you @hailinzh,

If the lights on the modem shows all working, then that means that the internet should work too. We might need to observe if the issue was caused by the noise interference that I have detected on my test earlier. The adjustments that I have made should help lessen this to make sure that the connection will run smoothly. Let's observe it until later tonight and get back to us if it's still happening.

Please do shoot me a private message with your best number to be contacted in case we need more troubleshooting to resolve the matter.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BasilDV

Hi @hailinzh,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I have run some test and made some adjustment on the line since I've detected some noise interference which possibly cause the issue.

But, we'd like to know more to visualise this on a bigger picture in case we are missing something.

1. What are the troubleshooting that you've done when you experienced the drop outs?
2. And have you noticed any differences in the light of your modem?

3. What is the brand and model of your modem?
4. How many devices are connected at daytime and at night time?

P.S.

Observe your connection if the issue will reoccur as I've made the adjustments.

Thanks.

hailinzh
Level 2

Hi 

Cheers

BasilDV

Thank you @hailinzh,

If the lights on the modem shows all working, then that means that the internet should work too. We might need to observe if the issue was caused by the noise interference that I have detected on my test earlier. The adjustments that I have made should help lessen this to make sure that the connection will run smoothly. Let's observe it until later tonight and get back to us if it's still happening.

Please do shoot me a private message with your best number to be contacted in case we need more troubleshooting to resolve the matter.

Cheers!

Tedmunds97
Level 2
I am having the same issue and it is continuing on almost every night
The only time I get to use my internet is at night so I’m paying for a service I don’t get to use.
Between 10pm and 1am I’ve noticed it crashes
Some times I get to use the internet for an hour or two but then the modem lights flicker, and my download speeds drop before my internet connection cutting out completely and only coming back in bursts
Mc_Gerald

Hi @Tedmunds97,

Welcome to the community!

We'd like to have this investigated. I went ahead and searched for your account on our system using your Community name but we are unable to make a match.

Are you able to send us your TPG username or customer ID so we can locate your account and run some remote test on your service and identify the possible cause of your connection issue?

Kind regards,

Mc

Tedmunds97
Level 2

My customerID is 616xxxx
I’ve just learned it also happens through out the day as well.

Shane

Thanks for the details, @Tedmunds97.

I will run initial tests on your service and get back to you shortly.

I would like to know on which device(s) you experience this issue.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Tedmunds97,

Initial tests result shown your service is connected for 10h 39m and no line fault detected.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Kindly, PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

I will wait for your response.

Regards.

Shane

Hi @Tedmunds97,

I can see that one of our Technicians has been in touch with you and provided assistance with the connection issue with your service.

Let me know should you require further asistance.