TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

SOLVED Go to solution
timelord
Level 2

Resetting the password did not resolve the issue.

paul189
Level 2

Still nothing. i am trying to change the passowrd to a slave email account and not the master email i have when i signed up with tpg

Riezl

Hi @paul189, please send us a private message with the email address you're having issue with. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

kellie36
Level 2

Hello PM

Attempted suggested your fix numerous times.  Using ThunderBird, also used MailBird with the same result.

Sending direct to server ok.  Using Gmail ok. 

Regards.

Ahra_G

Hi @kellie36

Were you able to successfully change your password? 

Are the emails sending ok using TPG Post Office? 

kellie36
Level 2

Successfully changed passwords numerous times.  Able to logon to TPG mail box directly and send emails successfully.  Emails from Thunderbird and MailBird (on sending email) receive the error message (An error occurred while sending email. The mail server rsponded 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authorisation denied,  User catanock@tpg.com.au is banned due to previous abuse.  Please verify that your email address is correct in the account settings and try again).. 

Email address in account setting checked and ok.

Receiving emails ok.

Checked Defender / Avira Firewall.

One thing I do notice is the changes in Saved logins (Using Thunderbird):  Every time I change my password it changes ok at TPG :  smtp://mail.tpg.com.au (smtp etc  Username CATanock

but also adds  mailbox//pop.mail.yahoo,com  etc  Username CHANGEME@yahoo.co.  I delete the yahoo adress but it keeps coming back every time I change my password or attempt to send an email  I do not have a YAHOO account or have applied for one.  Last successful TPG email message sent was about 23Dec20. 

On theTPG Community pages there are many suggestions regarding Thunderbird/Yahoo but none appear t rectify the issue.

Hope you can help, thank you.

Shane

Hi @kellie36,

Thanks for the additional details. Please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file, also include the e-mail address affected with the issue.

Regards,

Successfully changed passwords numerous times.  Able to logon to TPG mail box directly and send emails successfully.  Emails from Thunderbird and MailBird (on sending email) receive the error message (An error occurred while sending email. The mail server rsponded 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authorisation denied,  User catanock@tpg.com.au is banned due to previous abuse.  Please verify that your email address is correct in the account settings and try again).. 

Email address in account setting checked and ok.

Receiving emails ok.

Checked Defender / Avira Firewall.

One thing I do notice is the changes in Saved logins (Using Thunderbird):  Every time I change my password it changes ok at TPG :  smtp://mail.tpg.com.au (smtp etc  Username CATanock

but also adds  mailbox//pop.mail.yahoo,com  etc  Username CHANGEME@yahoo.co.  I delete the yahoo adress but it keeps coming back every time I change my password or attempt to send an email  I do not have a YAHOO account or have applied for one.  Last successful TPG email message sent was about 23Dec20. 

On theTPG Community pages there are many suggestions regarding Thunderbird/Yahoo but none appear t rectify the issue.

Hope you can help, thank you.

kellie36
Level 2

Hi Shane.

As requested:

User Name:      xxx

Customer ID:   xxxx

Address:          xxxx

email address:   xxxx

Regards

Allan

Shane

Hi @kellie36,

Thanks for the details, the ban has been lifted, let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Hi Shane.

As requested:

User Name:      xxx

Customer ID:   xxxx

Address:          xxxx

email address:   xxxx

Regards

Allan

peter909
Level 2

same here.. help is escalating it.   take heed though, they did get me to reset the password (not the email one, the main tpg one. tpg.com.au, account, login, change your password) and did not inform me that I would need to set the password in the router too to get back onto the internet... so make sure first you are able to login to the router and do that . and it did not fix the problem. I would suggest support also tell you that before getting you to change it.