TPG Community

Get online support

Constant intermittent glitches.

Ahra_G

Hi @iq455,  I've since organised a callback to be made from our Technical team for assistance on 09 November 2021 between 1-3PM AEDT.

This is to perform troubleshooting along with you and determine any underlying connection issue(s).

-Ahra_G

iq455
Level 4

Seems to glitch every morning when people wake up in my area or when traffic is high throughout the day. Which would suggest network congestion. 

BasilDV

Hi @iq455

We understand that our Tech team has been in touch and offered troubleshooting, but you've declined since you are waiting for a new modem/router.

Let us know the update with your new device if the issue persists.

BasilDV

iq455
Level 4

Will do, thanks Basil.

iq455
Level 4

@david64 wrote:

@iq455 .

One case reported on the internet was caused by a loose joint in a lead-in cable which was being blown by the wind.

This is actually starting to sound like the problem lol..I've never had so many glitches, 1 a minute - 10m and guess what? Its been the most windy today in a year......Coincidence? Smiley Wink New Router will be here on TUesday, will test that. Hope it's still windy then.

iq455
Level 4

So I've been getting constant DC's ever since NBNco maintenance. Today was bad, I noticed that when everyone jumped online today, it was constant DC. So I decided to stress the line. Everytime it would max out, got DC'd, over and over for 30 minutes of testing. I decided to reset the NTD and Router once again...Now we have our max speed back and no DCs so far...

iq455
Level 4

Spoke too soon ;/

iq455
Level 4

Gotta turn my router on and off constanly now, every few minutes. The traffic monitor trick doesnt work anymore,

david64
Level 15

@iq455 . There's a chance that the Arris box is faulty. Remove its coax cable and see how the router goes. You can put load on router using two computers or two command windows on one computer.

Run command     ping -t -l 65000 192.168.1.1

Also ping a wifi device.

If router hangs again, disconnect it from Arris and redo tests.

iq455
Level 4

Got the router, lets see how it goes.