TPG Community

Get online support

Delays on some NBN installation and fault appointments - May 2021

Ahra_G

Hi @Atchi23

NBN Co is the wholesale provider of NBN services therefore we are subjected to their timeframe and scheduling. 

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Ahra_G

gainitlogistics
Level 2
I’ve signed up 4 May 2021, and called up yesterday (17 May 2021) to follow up, just received email yesterday that NbN installation date is 17 JUNE 2021!? This process is a 1.5month wait, I might as well use 5G
Riezl

Hi @gainitlogistics, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can look into this. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

gainitlogistics
Level 2

Hi @Riezl i tried to login with my TPG customer ID but i had to setup a separate login for TPG community as i tried to login using my TPG ID and password and it won't login.  it's the same username anyway

Riezl

Thanks for sending the details via PM, @gainitlogistics. We have forwarded your messages to our Provisioning Team and they are now checking for an earlier appointment date. You will be contacted by the Case Manager once an update is received from NBN Co. 

patricks66
Level 2

my nbn has been down since friday night, contacted support on saturday they said id be contacted within 24hrs its been over 72hrs and no sms no email no telephone call.

Ahra_G

Hi @patricks66

Upon checking, recent update on the account showed that there is booked appointment today, 18 MAY 22021 between 8AM-12PM. 

The notification was sent to the mobile number ending in XXXXXX4024 informing of the schedule. 

I'll have the assigned Engineer to contact you to provide updates with the said appointment. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

kosta44
Level 2

Hi team,

I'm looking to sign up with a TPG NBN plan which coincides with a move to a new place;  My only concern is the current delay in NBN connection box installation (my new place has NBN capabilities). 

I'm happy to proceed with signing up with TPG but I need some assurance on how long I can expect to wait for a NBN connection box to be installed at my new place in Newport VIC 3015.  Is there any chance we can pencil in some date?  I'd hate to turn to the competition but I may have no choice if I can't have NBN up and running by around the 9th of June.

Appreciate any assistance!

BasilDV

Hi @kosta44

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to check your address to further understand the available NBN technology for the location.

Please send me a PM with your complete address along with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by our NBN sales expert to discuss this further.

BasilDV

garoser
Level 2

And this continues, with no resolution in sight. The days of waiting, promised calls that don't eventuate and now an NBN technician who just shows up unscheduled and unannounced when nobody is at home.

5 May 2021 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW
10 May 2012 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW
11 May 2012 appointment between 1PM and 5PM. NO SHOW
14 May 2021 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW. NO CALL.
Called TPG 12:30 Told to wait at home. Told NBN technician will call. NO CALL
Called TPG 14:10 Told to wait at home until 5PM - technician running late. Promsied a callback with update at 16:00. NO CALLBACK
Called TPG 16:15 Told to wait at home until 7PM - technician running late.
Spent 58 minutes waiting on phone to escalate with supervisor.
Promised at 15:18 that supervisor would call me back in one hour with technician update and complaint process. NO CALLBACK
Contacted by Toni(?)(supervisor) at ~19:00. Promised to follow up with NBN and get back to me same night or following morning at the latest. NO CALLBACK
Toni offered a wireless solution to get us through 3 months.
17 May 2021 Called TPG at 13:30.
No information available from NBN. No explanation of why there was no callback from TPG on Friday or Saturday. No plan except to wait for NBN Co to update their case. Requested an update tomorrow, Tuesday, and number was confirmed and a callback promised. NBN connection dropping through early afternoon.
18 May 2021 8:30PM text from NBN offering NBN technican between 8AM and 12 midday 19 May 2021. Not seen until next morning.
19 May 2021 Appointment scheduled for Friday 21 May 2021 between 8AM and 12 midday.
Call from NBN Co. technician at 15:37. "Is someone at home, I am about to visit?" Unanounced, unscheduled. I requested that he work up to the external wall box and call me back with any results. NO CALLBACK.
Called TPG at 15:44. No information available. NBN technician still booked for Friday morning, no booking for today. Will call me back with further information. NO CALLBACK.