TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN NCD Connection Light Flashing RED

SOLVED Go to solution
BasilDV

Thank you for the update and sharing the resolution of the issue that you've experienced.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

jleruohep
Level 2
Same story with me - connection (chain) light flashing red. And we discovered it after the return from the holiday, when modem was off for a week. Now technician is scheduled only on 30th... 4 days without internet!!! It is a disaster!
Ahra_G

Hi @jleruohep

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to learn about the interruption to your service. Based on the account I've managed to locate using your Community details, the issue is now raised to our Engineering team to assess the cause of the connection issue.

Furthermore, we rely on NBN Co to provide the service therefore we are subjected to their connection timeframe as well as repair scheduling. 

A tech appointment is all set on Monday, 30 December 2019, 8AM - 12PM to check on the line. Please ensure that either you or someone of legal age is at home during the visit. 

Should you have further queries, feel free to reply directly to the SMS sent by our Engineering team. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

BenSmider
Level 2
Having the same problem here, the connection has been a little bit rocky lately so I thought I’d try restarting everything and when I turned the power back on the connection light started flashing red. After looking through these reply’s it makes me a little more worried since it seems some people have had this ruin their internet for days.. if it’s still not working tomorrow morning I guess I’ll have to call up and get a technician out here. 😑
BasilDV

Hi @BenSmider,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've tested the line and was able to detect a possible fault within the NBN network.

We've escalated the case to our Engineering team and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

BasilDV

BenSmider
Level 2
So after about two days the modem connected by itself but we still wanted the nbn tech to come and check the lines to make sure everything was ok. He came around and went up into the roof to disconnect all of our old alarm systems and Foxtel connections but I don’t think he had a proper look in the box outside. We used to get 60-80 download and 30-40 upload consistently but now we are getting anywhere between 10-50 down and 20-30 up... what has he done to my internet!? It’s unbelievable since our modem ended up connecting properly he literally fixed nothing and made our speeds drop to more then half of what they usually were. They are also extremely inconsistent, while running 1 speed test the speeds go from 10-30 then back down to 20 download in the same test. It’s ridiculous..
BasilDV

Hi @BenSmider

Thanks for the update.

Did you test the speed via Wired or Wireless connection?

We currently don't detect any fault within the NBN network that may have caused this.

You may check the article that we've created to troubleshoot a slow speed issue.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

floricac8
Level 3
Hi,

We’ve had the same problem since yesterday. After a big thunderstorm, the internet no longer worked and the connection light started flashing red. I’ve tried turning off and on all devices as well as pushing the reset button but nothing works.

Would you be able to help?

Thank you.

Manu
Riezl

Hi @floricac8, we have located the account using your community details. We have escalated your concern to our Engineering Team and you will be contacted by the Case Engineer to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician to fix the issue, you will be advised through SMS or phone call. Kindly await further updates within the day. Thank you.

lukeh182
Level 2
Hey TPG,

My apartment complex is having this exact issue.

Really need an NBN technician to sort this simple issue in the pit asap! Any assistance would be great!

Thanks!