TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent disconnections on NBN

Angeli

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by the outage, @spryce.

Whilst we endeavour to make the service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service.

There are many factors outside of our control which affect the services, such as but not limited to; the performance of third party suppliers and equipment and force majeure events. We continuously update, upgrade and perform maintenance on our network to ensure optimum performance, we do try and schedule them in the least impact periods.

We'll be in touch with you should there will be updates on the status of your NBN service. 

Best regards!

spryce
Level 3

Copy / Paste. Well done @Angeli 

Meanwhile... 8 weeks with a bad connection. Feel free to offer me a refund. You can always chase reimbursement from NBN Co. 

Angeli

Hi @spryce, we can assess your billing adjustment request after the service has been restored. At this time, we are focusing on resolving your service issue. 

Have a good evening! 

spryce
Level 3

A TPG technician came out today. We swapped the internal pair and disconnected the second RJ11 from the bedroom. There was a definite improvement in speed and the line looks cleaner. I was happy for about 1 hour. Then the disconnections started again....

I had about 10 disconnections in the following 90 mins. I've got this super cool speed test result:

new-speed.png

I can't really fault the customer service from TPG. I've been a customer for 10+ years and still recommend you. But the NBN is crap and now that you have been out here and I am still getting disconnected maybe we can finally do something about getting this issue sorted with NBN. Which we all know has been the issue from day one. So unfortunately there maybe some issues with your business procedures since it's taken weeks to get to this point.

As I'm writing this the current speed is back to 42.2Mbps. Such a tease...

Ahra_G

I can really understand the frustration of not being able to maximise the use of the service, @spryce

As you are aware, we rely on NBN Co to provide the service therefore, we are subjected to their connection timeframe as well as scheduling. I believe the assigned Engineer has recommended to monitor the connection. I will inform him about the speed you are experiencing. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

spryce
Level 3

Yesterday: NBN Tech visited

Today: 3am - 5am: Trying to push urgent code changes to repo for offshore team to QA. No internet.

New modem please? 5G? 56k?? Morse code with a flashlight? Tin can and string line? Man even my TPG/Vodafone mobile cant sustain a 4G connection so I can hotspot. Clear skies. wtf.

Going back to bed. FML.

Shane

Hi @spryce,

Thanks for the additional details. We will pass this information to the assigned Engineers handling this case. We don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case. Our Engineers will provide you with updates when it becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

spryce
Level 3

Screenshot_20191117-141652_Gallery.jpg

spryce
Level 3

Screenshot_20191117-141514_Speedtest.jpg

BasilDV

Thank you for sending your speed test result.

We'll chase this with our Engineers and have them to call you for further discussion.

Regards,

BasilDV