TPG Community

Get online support

I can't get the complimentary speed boost to 200Mb/sec as advised. Why not? Still getting 50.

Shane

Hi @Woofie,

The Complimentary speed boost for the service has been escalated. Please understand that the NBN Speed Gift project is ongoing still and on trial phase. Our network team is working to align the speed. No ETR yet is available.

Regards,

I'm still not getting the speeds

-snom-
Level 2

2 things I found helped was

1- must cat5e or cat6 cable

2- reboot both router and modem

Hope it helps someone

techgeek27
Level 2

The old huawei modem is incompatible with this speed boost. Once you have been sent the tp link modem, the new settings should apply automatically.

techgeek27
Level 2

Which modem are you using ?

adsllbjp
Level 2
Sorry for butting in to this conversation. I was sent a tp link modem but the change of modem hasn't helped. I have checked out some of suggestions suggested here and in the other thread but no change in speed.
BasilDV

Hi @adsllbjp

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

May I have your preferred time and best number to be contacted tomorrow?

BasilDV

adsllbjp
Level 2
Thanks
I did get an email from TPG on 5th March advising of a call from helpdesk within 24 hours. That hasn't happened. I think there are plenty of tickets and notes made all I need is the upgrade to the speed to happen. Almost a month has gone since I first received the email and text message about the complimentary speed boost. I was told to replace the modem which I did, I was advised that the account has been updated but the end result on my end is still no change. I am sure if I had asked for a change in plan then it wouldn't have taken this long.
adsllbjp
Level 2
Got a call from TPG. Basically looks like there isn't much that can be done by writing here or emails to helpdesk. The issue has been escalated up the command line. I will patiently wait for the "Fee Gift" to arrive if and when it comes. But thanks to all who attempted to resolve the issue.
gezza63
Level 2

Hello,

Can I be added to list of people not getting the speed boost.

Thanks,

Gerry

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @adsllbjp and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV