TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

Sending email

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 1

Am getting an error "Server error: '550 5.7.1 (email address here)... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed", whenever I try to send any email from Microsoft Outlook.

I think the issue is something to do with SMTP server???

I checked the account in Outlook and it reckons it sent a test message successfully, but I still have the problem.

How do I fix this problem?

4 REPLIES

Welcome to our community, @tonymiles42!

Have you tried to use your email address using post office? If not you can visit this to try.

Also, is it possible for you to post a screen shot of your Email address settings?

Make sure Email is configured with the same information below.

email.png

Let usk now how it will go Smiley Happy

Level 2

I am unable to send email because of the following error message:"User ahiller555@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse"

Can you enlighten me as to what the abuse is and why I am getting this message???????????

Hi @ahiller555,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The message that you received means that the system marked your email account as a spam. This will happen for two reasons.

First, if you've sent an unusually many emails over a certain period of time or you have sent an email to an unusually large number of recipients over a certain period of time.

Second, if you are sending emails from a non-Australian IP Address.

If you are not the one who's sending the emails, this can be caused by a virus infection or account compromise. You may scan your computer/device and change your account password to prevent further issues.

Once done, you may contact our Post Masters (postmaster@tpg.com.au) to unblock your email address.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Level 2

Thanks for the info, nothing  with the virus scan or rootkit scan or malware scan, changed password, seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks

Adrian