Sending email

SOLVED Go to solution
tonymiles42
Level 2

Am getting an error "Server error: '550 5.7.1 (email address here)... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed", whenever I try to send any email from Microsoft Outlook.

I think the issue is something to do with SMTP server???

I checked the account in Outlook and it reckons it sent a test message successfully, but I still have the problem.

How do I fix this problem?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Welcome to our community, @tonymiles42!

Have you tried to use your email address using post office? If not you can visit this to try.

Also, is it possible for you to post a screen shot of your Email address settings?

Make sure Email is configured with the same information below.

email.png

Let usk now how it will go Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

ahiller555
Level 2

Thanks for the info, nothing  with the virus scan or rootkit scan or malware scan, changed password, seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks

Adrian

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Shane

Welcome to our community, @tonymiles42!

Have you tried to use your email address using post office? If not you can visit this to try.

Also, is it possible for you to post a screen shot of your Email address settings?

Make sure Email is configured with the same information below.

email.png

Let usk now how it will go Smiley Happy

ahiller555
Level 2

I am unable to send email because of the following error message:"User ahiller555@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse"

Can you enlighten me as to what the abuse is and why I am getting this message???????????

BasilDV

Hi @ahiller555,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The message that you received means that the system marked your email account as a spam. This will happen for two reasons.

First, if you've sent an unusually many emails over a certain period of time or you have sent an email to an unusually large number of recipients over a certain period of time.

Second, if you are sending emails from a non-Australian IP Address.

If you are not the one who's sending the emails, this can be caused by a virus infection or account compromise. You may scan your computer/device and change your account password to prevent further issues.

Once done, you may contact our Post Masters (postmaster@tpg.com.au) to unblock your email address.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

ahiller555
Level 2

Thanks for the info, nothing  with the virus scan or rootkit scan or malware scan, changed password, seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks

Adrian

taxxperts
Level 2

Hi. I am trying to work from home now, (due to COVID19) getting that same ERROR 

Server error: '550 5.7.1 <xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [58.173.139.8]'

Using MICROSOFT OUTLOOK, on a HP, 

Where do i check my email settings ?? In Outlook or TPG PostOffice??

I can send & receive from TPG PostOffcie sight, but I need to use Microsft Outlook please.

Id appreciate any guidance or help with this thank yoU!!!

Peterdb
Level 3

Hello Shane

I am getting the same error message? Here are my screen shots everything looks the same as your post details ?

Server error: '550 5.7.1 <angelajoey29@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [203.217.88.50]'

account settings.JPGpop 3.JPGWhen I check the account settings in Outlooks it sends and recieves a test message without a problem?

Can you help?

Ahra_G

Hi @Peterdb

Could you please check and follow the steps from these links : TPG Email Settings &  Email Settings

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks! 

alanguide
Level 7

I have this problem only on a machine running Outlook 16, and to any adress except my own. All settinmgs checked. Tried 'repairing' no go. All settings checked.

Riezl

Hi @alanguide, are you getting any error message?