TPG Community

Get online support

Internet drop out randomly

Haun
Level 2

Hi, my internet connection has been droping out randomly for the last two months. Sometimes it would drop out every couple seconds then reconnect and then drop out straight away again. Can somoen please look into the issue for me?

6 REPLIES 6
alanguide
Level 7

Are you on FTTN? If so, most probable cause is dodgy copper joints. If you are on FTTP, you can connect laptop direct to the NTD and set up a 'network' that is direct to the ISP. If that is fine, then your router might be at fault.

BasilDV

Hi @Haun 

Did you notice any changes with the light status of your modem/router when the connection drops out?

Do you know the type of NBN technology you have? 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

Haun
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, I dont think I see any light change in the modem/router when internet drops out. Sometimes I would log into the default IP and under the internet status it would say discconnected. I usually click on reboot the modem and most of the time internet comes back after rebooting.

I have not really done much trouble shooting other than rebooting the modem/router. The only thing connected to the phone line is the internet so probably not much isolation needed. Thought about trying another modem but dont have one.

BasilDV

Hi @Haun 

If there's any changes with the light status of the NBN NCD box and you just need to reboot the modem/router to get the internet back, then you need to factory reset the modem/router.

Performing this will set the changes back to default, but you can personalise it again.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Haun
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, did the factory reset but internet still randomly drops out and reconnect. I did not really change any setting prior to the internet drop out so I dont think it has anything to do with factory resting.

Please advise what to do next.

BasilDV

After a factory reset, do you still experience the dropouts?

If yes, please send us a private message with your account details and we'll check it further.

BasilDV