TPG Community

Get online support

Lost internet during storm last night (Rouse Hill, NSW)

busybee
Level 2

Internet is down now for over 24 hours. Called the support line twice and got bounced after an hour in the queue before speaking to anyone. Very poor customer sevice.

Have a HG659 and might be the modem itself. It still turns on and Wi-Fi works, but port 4 is also dead now as well. I have changed cables and power-cycled, ie, all the normal checks. 

Where do I go from here? Can TPG confirm my line looks okay and if so ship me a replacement modem?

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @busybee

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've created an article that will guide you on how to check if your service is affected by an outage.

We were able to check your account and it shows that the connection has been stable for more than a day now.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

busybee
Level 2

Thanks for coming back to me.

I know this is not your fault, but the service is only back as I replaced the modem myself, not because of anything TPG did. The fact it took 2 days to get any kind of a response is something that has stuck with me. The many hours wasted on the phone, only to be disconnected in the end. What will happen the next time I have an outage and it is an issue on your end? Maybe all providers are this rubbish and this is the gold standard, but it is something I will look into. I am happy to pay a premium for actual assistance when required, as with TPG it seems we have no choice. 

I'm sure TPG know very well how long an average support call is, how many CSR's they have available and how many people are in the queue. Put a estimate up for people waiting in the queue. Let them decide if the issue is important enough to them to wait or call another time. You could even just put a count and let them gague if it's moving fast enough for their liking. And if they do decide to wait, don't you dare just dump there call. 

Ahra_G

Hi @busybee,

We welcome all feedback as hearing from our customers is the best way we can improve our business. Apologies as well for the lengthy queue times. 

We'd be glad to organise a call from our Tech team to assist you further and check for any underlying connection issue. Let us know your best callback time. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G