TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN Occasionally dropouts

bisheng83
Level 2

Hi TPG,

We have been experiencing dropouts to the internet occasionally about 2-3 times on average every day at Runcorn, QLD. Even my sister in law who came over for a month, feedback to us about the internet constantly dropping out. Is there anything we can do to fix this constant dropping out?

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @bisheng83,

I would love to help and get the bottom of this.

I'd like to know what troubleshooting have you done so far, and on which device(s) you experience connection dropouts.

Cheers!

jeniel
Level 3

Unfortunately from the node you change to copper which if old will cause dropouts ...that is why NBN is changing to FTTC. Write to your communications minister.

bisheng83
Level 2
It dropped out from iPad, iPhone, computers and etc. It fixes itself after around 5-10 minutes. It will go into the router diagnostic page when it couldn’t load up the browsing website. Then showed up error 8180 no internet connection when I clicked diagnose.
BasilDV

Good day @bisheng83,

We've done some remote test and was not able to detect any fault on the network. The signal coming from the NBN server going to your modem seems stable.

We'd like to look into it further. I will arrange a call from our Tech team. Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted. We need you to be on the premises to help them with some troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Ahra_G

We've got your PM bisheng83

I'll organise a call back to be made today at 6PM QLD. Should you have other preferred date & time, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks! ! 

bisheng83
Level 2
I called back and the technician told me it is normal to breakdown 2 times a day for 5 minutes each time due to system refreshing.
Shane

Hi @bisheng83,

Yes it is normal, but you should not experience a drop outs on your connection. At the moment your service is connected for 1d 12h 16m

Regards,