TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Outage - How many outages is too many?

tumbles1
Level 2

Hi, in the last 30 days we have had our Internet on and off almost every day.courtesy of TPG messages related toNBN Co doing work of some kind. In the last 30 days we have had messages to say:

15 times - NBNCo started emergency work in your area,

8 times- NBNCo planned maintenance in your area, and

2 times - NBNCo is still investigating an outage in the area.

These have been received sporadically over the past 30 days with highly unreliable Internet the result. Just how long do yo uhave to put up with this and what recourse is there just for a way forward?

Appreciate some advice.

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @tumbles, 

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

We reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times.

For connection issues, let us have your Customer ID or username via PM in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

DL007
Level 2

How good is TPG's reply to the OP? I honestly don't know why you bother. No apology. No recognition the service isn't good enough. Just boilerplate waffle basically saying "too bad, so sad". Shameful.

TPG's notifications for "NBNCo Planned Maintenance" have become a complete joke. I get so many of them, I treat them as spam. Usually there is no outage, but if there were, it would be outrageous - I'd have outages every week. TPG and NBN really need to take a look at this:

1. Don't cry wolf - only send a notification if there is a genuine need for an outage - not because some NBN contractor is opening a pit somewhere within a 50km radius.

2. If there is a need for an outage, *only* do it during super-off-peak times (can't believe this needs to be stated).

This was *never* an issue before NBN - nor should it be!

Blastie
Level 2
It is a joke really.

There was 20 minute maintenance in my area on Monday and I have had no internet since.

A ticket was logged but no response yet and I think TIO is the only option.
BasilDV

Hi @Blastie

We've checked the ticket and the issue was raised with NBN Co for further investigation.

An NBN technician was requested to check the line and updates will be provided by your case manager once available.

BasilDV

Blastie
Level 2
I look forward to the compensation you will provide as I am paying for a service I can't use.
BasilDV

Hi @Blastie

Do you have a mobile number? Our team are not able to contact you via phone call since there's no registered number on the account.

A case manager contacted you via Email and will wait for your response.

BasilDV