TPG Community

Get online support

NBN tech did not turn up as scheduled.

Larry
Level 2

Hello, this is getting very frustrating. The second NBN technician appointment and a no show. I have been on the live chat waiting to transfer to tech support for an hour now. more like dead slow chat.

8 REPLIES 8
RajenS

@Larry 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so i can look at your service\.

kind regards

RajenS

@Larry 

I checked your details with NBN records.
found the reason why NBN tech rescheduled your installation,

"The installation could not proceed due to hazardous environmental event. Our case management team is currently reviewing this. "

Soon You will receive a NEW installation date from NBN.
Thanks
Rajen

Haesang
Level 2

Following a discussion with TPG about the ability to access the internet through the NBN I was advised by TPG through phone conversation that  a technician would  visit my premises on Friday 30 October 2020 between 1 and 5 pm for the connection of NBN installation. Then I have again received 3 SMS reminder messages from TPG about this appointment. TPG even sent a thank you message for my reply to confirm the appointment.

All of communications and efforts were absolutely wasted  as no technician turned up for appointment. After a long time waiting at home for the technician to turn up I called TPG for a help at 1705 hr. The TPG customer service officer was not helpful at all. It seemed that he did know how to  assist his client. I received no explanation regarding the technician no show and I  did not receive  any follow up.  

I have been with TPG for the last 20 years. It is extremely disappointing to see your service standard dropped so much. It looks like clients have to go through long painful procedures to get one simple service. Many duplicated messages, staff who do not understand how to follow up properly, basic customer service such as introducing their name. 

I can understand if no technician turned up due to some reason. But TPG has an obligation to clients for a follow up and resolve the problem with timely and efficient service.

Is it too much to expect help  from TPG?

BasilDV

Hi @Haesang

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We've edited your post as it contains your account details. Please avoid posting any account information on a public thread as it may compromise your account security.

Upon reviewing the NBN order, the job was not attended due to technician capacity issues. We were advised of it yesterday around 6PM AEDT and it is required to be rescheduled.

We'll chase this with our NBN service delivery team and have a case manager to contact you today for further discussion of the case.

BasilDV

Anonymous
Not applicable

The technician did not turn up for me too and I had to take some time off work, so lose money just to wait for nothing. The next date is in a month, will he be there for real this time? I also paid already for the Internet but I will not have the Internet for a month at least???? I am really not satisfied with the service so far.

Shane

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. TPG is a prepaid service; your initial payment is comprised of an installation fee and your 1st month fee. By operating this way we are able to keep costs down to continue offering the best value deals possible to our customers. The billing cycle will start once the service is activated.

We'd love to help see the status of the NBN installation, to better understand the situation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

The technician did not turn up for me too and I had to take some time off work, so lose money just to wait for nothing. The next date is in a month, will he be there for real this time? I also paid already for the Internet but I will not have the Internet for a month at least???? I am really not satisfied with the service so far.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi TPG,

I am sorry but I am really not satisfied with the service and i would like a refund please.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Remi.
Ahra_G

HI @Anonymous, 

We regret to learn about your decision to not proceed with the installation. 

A Case Manager will be in touch with you tomorrow, 05 January 2020 to discuss and assist you with your request. 

Regards,

Ahra_G