NBN50

SOLVED Go to solution
samuelkim32
Level 2
I've been on the Nbn50 plan for about a month after upgrading from a lower plan. Not once have the speeds gone above 23. Is there any proof that your speeds ever reach 50? If so, why doesn't mine?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @samuelkim32

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you are under the NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node) technology.

This type of technology uses the legacy copper infrastructure, which is similar to ADSL technology. The connection speed depends on the quality and distance of the copper wire that's in use.

Currently, the modem is getting a sync speed of 24.37 Mbps Downstream and 11 Mbps Upstream. You may check it yourself with the help of our article: How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service

We've arranged a call from our Tech team tomorrow between 9AM - 11AM to check your service if it's the best speed that we can provide you using the current infrastructure.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @samuelkim32

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you are under the NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node) technology.

This type of technology uses the legacy copper infrastructure, which is similar to ADSL technology. The connection speed depends on the quality and distance of the copper wire that's in use.

Currently, the modem is getting a sync speed of 24.37 Mbps Downstream and 11 Mbps Upstream. You may check it yourself with the help of our article: How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service

We've arranged a call from our Tech team tomorrow between 9AM - 11AM to check your service if it's the best speed that we can provide you using the current infrastructure.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

samuelkim32
Level 2
Thanks for the reply, I have downgraded my plan accordingly, however, it's a very poor business practice to offer plans that cannot be fulfilled. If you're able to see my available speeds now, why wasn't this mentioned when I upgraded my plan?
BasilDV

Hi @samuelkim32

We usually send out email notification in regards to the sync speed that our customers under NBN FTTN technology should expect once the service is installed.

We are unable to see the notification that was sent to you, which is why we raised this to our Tech team for further checking.

Thank you for the update and expect a call from our Tech team tomorrow as they'll check if you can still get more connection speed.

BasilDV