TPG Community

Get online support

Neighbours are connected to NBN, but my location shows as "more work required'"

Karmacharya58
Level 2
I have the same problem. Our properly consists of 13 townhouses all our neighbors have nbn connection except our premises. Our properties are newly build. They said nbn ready property . I don't get it.

Hi @Karmacharya58,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that this case was raised with the NBN Co by our NBN provisioning team.

We were advised that you or the townhouse Developer needs to apply for a New Development Application via the nbn website.
To begin the process, please be advised that you need to complete the Pre-Qualification form online at http://www2.nbnco.com.au/industry/new-developments.html or search Register your new development on the nbn website.

Let us know once it is done and the response of NBN Co in order for us to proceed upgrading your service to an NBN broadband.

Regards,

BasilDV

begerton
Level 2

Hi, We have the same problem too.

I have checked the rollout for my address and it shows the 2 semi-detached terraces on either side of me as being connected, but  for my address the following information is provided. Is it possible to check why this is the case. We appear to have the box and wiring affixed to the front of the house.

More work required There’s still work to do before your premises is ready to connect.
Expected availability:
Jun 2020*
Please check back periodically for updates on when your premises will be ready to connect.

Planned technology nbn™ Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC)*
Shane

Hi @begerton,

Welcome to the community!

NBN Co has approximate construction times for the network, but as each area of the rollout is unique and comes with distinct obstacles and variables, these time frames are indicative and subject to change.

Note: TPG do not have control with the roll out of NBN technology it is determined by NBN Co.

TPG will be happy to contact you once NBN is ready at your address, simply register your details here: http://tpg.com.au/nbn#register-your-interest

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

begerton
Level 2

Thanks @Shane , I have registered there but curious to understand why each of my neighbours are connected but I am not.

Shane

Hi @begerton,

Unfortunately TPG do not have any information about NBN roll out delays or updates stating why they are not able to provide the service. You might need to contact NBN Co. directly on 1 800 881 816 for further discussion.

Cheers!

thewees
Level 2
Hi I am having this issue as well. I just found out My entire suburb is Connected to NBN. I am on a plot with 4 townhouse units; all of which are eligible for NBN connection except mine. When I search my address, it says more work needed. I am an exisiting TPG customer on Adsl2+ and need faster internet as The family is pretty much home these days. Is there anyway for TPG to assist in checking with NBN co? Thank you
Ahra_G

Hi @thewees

NBN Co has approximate construction times for the network, but as each area of the rollout is unique and comes with distinct obstacles and variables, these time frames are indicative and subject to change.

If you want to know the estimated NBN roll out time frame in your area you may visit: https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/learn/rollout-map.html

You may also send your TPG account details via private message so we can check if we can coordinate this with NBN Co. 

Cheers!